🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abderrahmane,

I was not able to replicate this error on my end. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
hammadahmad089
Community Member

Hi, I got an email for re-verification. I attached my Driving License. But in return, I got another email stating that my Id name doesn't match my payment method details. I am using my brother's account. Now I am trying to change that to my original bank account(which is under my name) but it doesn't allow me to do that, It says "Your account is under review. We may need to verify your identity information."

Please guide me on what I can do now in order to avoid the suspension. 

Hi Hammad,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
magillani
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to verify my identity but it is not allowing me to do so.

Need help
Thanks
Ahmad
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Andrea

228af15f
Community Member

Hello. I don't have yet the blue badge of verified identity but i already complete it. Please, help me. Thank you. 

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I checked your account and it looks like you have never been requested for verification nor completed any of our verification processes. Could you please share more information so we can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you please tell me more about the specific information you need for me to send ? I guess this happened because my account was inactive for couple of months

Hi Kevin,

You are not required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. If you did verification previously (as you said you did) and I somehow missed that on your account, please share more information about it so that I can check (when you did it, the email address of the account, etc).

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

active on upwork since Jan 03, 2021
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kevin,

As shared previously, it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

But why I haven't received any blue badge? I heard this will affect the chance of the freelancers to be hired. Can you help me to have it on my profile?

Hi, Aleksandar, Please tell me everything that you need for verification now.

Regards,

Kevin

5826ff2f
Community Member

I want to verify my identity on Upwork. I have no Govt. Id but Mom have. Can I verify with her id?

Hi H M Rafsan,

You will need to use your own documents to verify your identity, not someone else's. Please refer to this ticket for more information and feel free to post there directly if you have any questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
joshg783
Community Member

Hi, I am planning on quitting upwork due to my current circumstance.

When or if I return in about 2 years will my earnings still be there and will my account be suspended or put on hold until I return. If so should I just create a new account then? Thank you.

Hi Joshua,

You can stop using the platform and come back at any time. If your account is suspended for any reason though, you should receive an email from the team letting you. Also note that balances older than 180 days are automatically withdrawn to your preferred payment method. You can check here to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
joshg783
Community Member

Thank you, if my account is on hold does that still happen? Because during that time it will probably ask me for identity verification so chances are my account will get put on hold

Hi Joshua,

I'm afraid there's no way to tell. If the team specifies on their communication that the withdrawals will be also restricted as a result of an account hold, then the balance isn't likely to get automatically deposited to your payment method, if that's what you're referring to. Hope this helps and don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
joshg783
Community Member

Hi Luiggi my account says I need to verify ID by 08/09/2021 UTC and is this 9th of august or 8th of September? Because I know it works differently in America and it’s an American based site.

Also, I have tried verifying but my i didn’t realise my Id is expired and I have no way of getting A valid one for quite a long time, I am in the middle of a contract and will this be put on hold if I can’t verify within the time? I really hope I can complete the contract first then I will come back when I have a valid Id and Want to come back, thank you

Hi Joshua,

It's on the 9th of August. 

Please note that freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. However, once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. You can check this article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
marufjarvis
Community Member

I want to verify my identity. Please help me

Hi Md Maruf,

To start the verification you will need to go to Settings > Identity Verification > and click on the green button. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
03a5eb91
Community Member

I wear veil and profile picture is too in veil. I need a help to verify my profile without revealing my face publicly.

I have valid Government ID card and other necessary documents.

Hi Anzal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
alicengocmai
Community Member

Hi
I have received a request to verify my ID. However, when I clicked on the link, it says that Upwork can’t complete ID verification at that time.
Please help. What should i do yo be able to verify my ID?
I have attached a screenshot of the notification and the problem.
Thank you.

Hi Ngoc,

Could you try to upload your ID via computer? If you're receiving the same error via computer as well, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I have tried and met the same problem. I have the screenshot as the attachment below. 

Hi Ngoc,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you
f2303f7d
Community Member

hello Team Upwork! As I have 100% profile completion, it's been a long time for me to have profile 100% completion and had give all the documents and the details that were requried to be submitted.

and this is the link of my profile given below. can someone reach me please. I am also attaching more Goverment issued legal proofs to this mail for in case of any details that were needed to me cross checked

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~011b31929d834ded8b/

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Siva,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

~ Luiggi
Upwork
amazonvanikko
Community Member

Hi my name is nikko, i'm from the philippines. im having trouble with the identiy verification. The only id i have right now is an expired Philippine Passport, and my PhilHealth id. I cannot renew my passport yet since we are in an Enhance Community Quarantine (Lockdown). I wonder if upwork will be considerate to accept my Passport and i'm willing to go on a call if ever needed so that they can verify that the expired passport is authentic. this is my first time working in upwork and i didn't know that i need a valid id since my passport was accepted in other freelancing platform. i hope upwork can consider my concern. thanks in advance.

Hi Nikko,

If you have any questions about the verification and the documents, I suggest posting them directly on this ticket so the team can continue assisting you. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
start-1
Community Member

hello 

please  where is part of setting for sending  (my id card ) for verfication ..

I cannot find it ...

send me link ..

thanks ...

Rohit K wrote:

hello 

please  where is part of setting for sending  (my id card ) for verfication ..

I cannot find it ...

send me link ..

thanks ...

Just wait until somebody asks you for verification. Not likely to happen until your profile pic is a representation of yourself. 

tranvudung
Community Member

My "Get started" button in the ID Verifictaion section doesn't work. Can anyone help me fix it?

Hi Tran,

I tried but was not able to replicate any issues. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

If so, please share a screenshot of the error you're seeing so we could check,

~Andrea
Upwork
suryanshu1
Community Member

Hi all,

For identity verification, I have uploaded a government Id card that is scanned by the scanner and has the best quality. Even after it get rejected, I have uploaded three types of identity several times in different formats. The team is rejecting it every time. Can anyone help with this?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members