Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Highlighted
Mohammad Shohel R Member Since: Sep 30, 2018
1 of 28

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thanks much for your time.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 28

Hi Mohammad Shohel, 

Please know that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification.

-Avery
Untitled
Mohammad Shohel R Member Since: Sep 30, 2018
3 of 28
Thank you so much for your great effort Smiley Happy
Ankur K Member Since: Jan 26, 2019
4 of 28

Hello, Dear Avery ..!

Yesterday,  I creatd my upwork account as a freelancer

I came from India to study in university of Italy.
I have the italian Residence permit, visa and Indian Passport.

Using these documents I am going to complete the id verfication when you want.
Is it possible for me to complete the verification?

If you kindly tell me about it,  I will be pleased to know this information.

I am a newbie on this platform and request you to kindly help me. I have heard about Upwork.com from my friends and I have good skills in web development.

Duly, I want to work on this platform.

Please help me

Yours thankfully

Ankur Kumar

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 28

Hi Ankur,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future. You can check this help article for more information about Verification processes on Upwork and required document for those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Nikola D Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
6 of 28

Hello,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for a week yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 28

Hi Nikola,

One of our team members will resend the ticket to you as soon as possible with detailed instructions on how to complete this short process. Thank you.

Untitled
Ankur K Member Since: Jan 26, 2019
8 of 28

Hello? Ddear  Upwork.com Help center ..!

I came from India to study in university of Italy. I have the italian Resident permit,  visa and Indian Passport.

Using these documents I am going to complete the id verfication when you want. Is it possible for me to complete the verification? 

If you kindly tell me about it I will be please to know this information.

I am a newbie on this platform and request you to kindly help me. I have heard about Upwork.com from my friends and I have good skills in web development.

Duly, I want to work on this platform.

Please help me 

Yours thankfully

Ankur Kumar

Community Guru
Mary H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
9 of 28

Hello Ankur,

You should be able to work on the platform and there is no need to verify your identity for now. Once we find the need for it, the instructions of the procedure will be sent to you through your registered email address. Thank you.

- Mary
Untitled
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 28

Hi Shehab, 

You may wait until you receive your new ID, or you can upload the file that you have. If there is an issue, the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your ID verification. 

ETA: Shehab, I had to edit my post because I failed to realise you were referring to the ID-Verification Badge.

If you cannot complete the verification process because you don’t have the needed paperwork, we will not be able to give you a badge. However, you’ll be able to try again later, and I would recommend that you do it once you have the complete documents.

You may read more about the Identity-Verification Badge here.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS