🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inactive Contract
Page options
galat_katarina
Community Member

Inactive Contract

Hi everyone, 

I'm still new to Upwork and trying to figure out the ins and outs. I had a fixed job that I finished in September. The client was extremely happy with the work and promised (unprompted) to write me a "very positive" review in a couple of days. When I brought up closing the contract later (after much more than a couple of days had passed), she said she would do it the next day. It has been weeks since then, and my last message (a very gentle reminder) has been met with silence. During the contract, she was always very responsive. 

Although at this point I've kind of given up on getting that positive review, I wouldn't mind being optimistic and waiting it out (since I could really use that positive review as a new freelancer). But I've heard that inactive contracts can negatively impact the JSS. What would be the best approach here? Should I message her again? Should I close the contract myself? Should I just leave the contract open indefinitely?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

I would wait for a few more weeks before reaching out 1 more time.  No need to close the contract anytime soon.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Katarina G wrote:

But I've heard that inactive contracts can negatively impact the JSS. What would be the best approach here? Should I message her again? Should I close the contract myself? Should I just leave the contract open indefinitely?

Thank you!

As long as you don't have a heap of such contracts (which you do not have) and money was paid, it won't hurt your JSS.

I'd leave it for the time being. You can always close it later on after maybe (!) one more message. I would personally not ask more than once. You've now asked twice.

robin_hyman
Community Member

I would wait for a few more weeks before reaching out 1 more time.  No need to close the contract anytime soon.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members