Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitations - Not Working + Profile not found on Search

dianamoura
Diana M Member Since: Feb 11, 2016
1 of 7

Hi,

I have been freelancing on upwork since 2015.

I have never received invitations and I have been wonering about that for a while as I have been recomending upwork to some friend who end up getting invitations from right to left with a not so established upwork profile.

Now I also discovered that I cannot find myself on the search when searching for my job title or when serching by my name.

This greatly decreases my options to find new clients and get found by them.

Could anyone shed some light into this issue?

Best,

Diana Moura

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Have you considered setting your profile to public? If it is set to private it can not be found....

dianamoura
3 of 7

Thanks Petra for the suggestion. I had no idea I was causing this isse by not having my profile public.

Any ideas about what I should do to start getting invitations as well?

Best,

Diana

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

@Diana M wrote:

Thanks Petra for the suggestion. I had no idea I was causing this isse by not having my profile public.

Any ideas about what I should do to start getting invitations as well?

Hi Diana, you clearly could not get invites with your profile set to private, as no client would ever come across your profile. "Private" profiles never show in searches etc, which is, after all, the entire point of your profile being set to private... Set it to public and available, the invite situation should start to resolve itself.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Diana,

In order to enable your profile to be displayed in search results, please change your profile visibility in Settings > Profile Settings, which is currently set to private.

Untitled
dianamoura
6 of 7

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your answer! I went aheah and changed the profile settings as you suggested.

Can you give me any input into the lack of invitations and what I can do about it?

Best,

Diana

selenab19
Ace Contributor
Selena B Member Since: Jun 2, 2017
7 of 7

Diana, I don't know if anyone else has other suggestions, but since you just changed your profile settings, I guess the only thing you can do now is give it some time and keep on sending proposals. In my opinion, not getting invitations is not such a bad thing, anyways.

Good luck, though! Cat Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS