Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitations from blocked client

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
1 of 6

Months, maybe years, ago I blocked a client.  Terrible company.  6 person operation that has hired over 500 people on the platform.  Anyway, I still get invitations from this client.  Oddly, the invitations say "invitations from this client will be blocked" but they aren't. 

I opened a ticket but I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I don't ever want to see anything from these people ever again.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Mary,

Our engineers have been working to make sure a client isn't able to invite the freelancer who blocked them no matter if they try to invite them from search, saved freelancers page, directly from the profile or any other area. I see that it's still not fully fixed for some areas and will follow up on your ticket for the team to investigate further.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 6

Thanks, Valeria.  I think I had a ticket on this some time - months - ago that was marked as solved, which it clearly wasn't.  Glad to know that someone is aware of this.  I really despise this client...

Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
4 of 6
Valeria,
that seems like developers are just hiding invitation features from frontend. While this should be removed they also should add a validation in the backend, so if anywhere in the app there are still places where this feature is not removed yet, validation will still block the operation.
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 6

Reviving this old thread because this very issue keeps annoying me w/o end.

I keep getting invites from several clients where I have selected "block future invitations from this cilient" actually more than once in the hope that this might help. To no avail. They do invite me over and over again and I can see on my 'My Stats' page that these invites count (as in I have to reply to them).

WHY???

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 08.48.53.png

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Ela,

Thanks for the report and I apologize for the frustration the invites you received have created. I'll ask our team to contact you directly and check the invites you mentioned receiving from clients you've previously blocked. Please provide that information on your open support ticket so we can investigate and take action once we confirm that the issue has resurfaced.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS