🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invited to interview....no response, not cool
Page options
vworthy28
Community Member

Invited to interview....no response, not cool

So, today I used 16 of my connects to submit a proposal for a position I really wanted. I was really excited to get a message from the client asking if we could meet and discuss the position next week. Of course, I immediately replied and gave my availability. 

While I saw he was still online, there was no response. Hours went by, no response. So, I was curious about how many others he was interviewing with. I saw it was me and just two others (I just happened to know one of the two, and the same thing happened to her) But, when I went to look at this, I also saw that he had already hired for the position😲 And yet did not do us the courtesy of letting us know he know longer desired to interview us. No response to our availability.

Has this happened to anyone else?

It's just so rude🤨

1 REPLY 1
2779bde0
Community Member

He was probably looking at other candidates, possibly on other platforms at the same time, and went with them, but didn't have the decency to at least let you know.  Could he have handled it better? Yes. Does this happen all the time? Yup.

The good news is that you got the invite, which is more than many people are getting these days. You'll get more.

Maybe he needed someone faster than you were to have met with him. Probably had nothnig to do with you. Who knows? Water under the bridge. Move on.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members