cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Upwork a Scam.

Highlighted
Penny F Member Since: Jun 18, 2018
1 of 9

I just started and have not been paid for my past 2 jobs. I can not get any direct information regarding my issue. I can not find any customer support.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

@Penny F wrote:

I just started and have not been paid for my past 2 jobs.

No, I can assure you that Upwork is not a scam and most people who take the time to find out how Upwork works get paid automatically. You don't need "Customer Support" - You need to educate yourself.

If you were not paid, you didn't use Upwork correctly. That is not something Support can help you with.

Read all this and let us know if you have any questions.

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
3 of 9

I think that upworks should put Petra's diagram as a sticky in their help guide. Woman Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
4 of 9
Petra is the blessing of this community. Without her this place won't be the same. She's THAT much of an impact, and we're all lucky to have her around us.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 9

What Wassim said plus 1,000!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
6 of 9

@Amanda F wrote:

I think that upworks should put Petra's diagram as a sticky in their help guide. Woman Happy

I suggested the same thing the first time Petra used her charts. The response from moderators was along the lines of "Thanks for suggesting this, we will share it with the team for their consideration", and not a word since.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
7 of 9

Upworks is not a scam, but you can get scammed by the clients. Always make sure the client funds the project in escrow before starting if you have a fixed price project, and if it is hourly, always make sure the client has a verified payment method and use the tracker if you want to ensure it is guaranteed. 

If you are new, you should read over the FAQs for the site. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/sections/202260668-Get-Paid-for-Work

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 9

Hi Penny,

I have checked this for you. You have two contracts, one is completed and another one is still in progress! You have hours logged last week, timesheet for last week is available for the client's review during this week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday next week. You can find more information about how that works here. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 9

Penny: Congratulations for successfully earning money more quickly than most Upwork newbies!

It seems you need customer service less than you thought. You're already doing the right things.

If you have questions, continue to post them in the Forum.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS