Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad

mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
1 of 7
There is a job posted to edit photos and remove watermarks. I would have thought this was an illegal practice but 63 people have applied.
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 7
Depends. Not usually; but there are rare cases when a company/individual has watermarked photos and somehow lost the working files, so watermarked images are all they have. The way to bet is that the images are stolen though.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 7
[quote=Mandy D.] I would have thought this was an illegal practice but 63 people have applied.[/quote] Not mutually exclusive.
coffman-robin
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
4 of 7
I agree. The fact that there are so many willing to do something that is more than likely not above board is saddening. As Darren said, there are rare occasions where this may be needed, but the more likely scenario is that it is theft.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
5 of 7
If it were one of those rare occasions, you'd think the client would explain in the job description. I would.
mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
6 of 7
So would I Marcia, but even though it looks dodgy, the job has been awarded (at $2.56 per hour). The fact that Freelancers are so desperate for work that they apply for anything, even if it seems illegal, is very sad. Kind of makes me think of the unemployed locals who turn to petty theft so that they can eat.
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
7 of 7
[quote=Mandy D.]The fact that Freelancers are so desperate for work that they apply for anything, even if it seems illegal, is very sad. Kind of makes me think of the unemployed locals who turn to petty theft so that they can eat.[/quote] Not much about desperation or to put food on the table. Its more on the color of money. You'd be surprise the justification they give even its outright illegal, unethical and immoral. Really Sad.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS