🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it okay to message my client if she has st...
Page options
hephep07
Community Member

Is it okay to message my client if she has still more work for me?

I have a client on an hourly basis who asked me to submit a report of their multiple Google Business Profiles. Though I was on an hourly contract, I finished the job within 1 hour and 40 mins and submitted to her the report I think it was Thursday. The thing is I haven't heard anything from her since then. I don't know if she read my e-mail or not or if she is just busy or something. But since I never received any response. I am not sure either about the feedback about my work that I submitted to her. So I am kind of in a blind spot right now. I am new to this platform and my first review was very unpleasant as I was accused of changing the client's WordPress password. Anyway, I really think this client is so cool, and if it is for me, I would like to keep working for her for as long as I could.

Also, during the interview, she mentioned that they will need my expertise on some skills/activities that I have mentioned in my proposal. With this, is it okay too if I kind of propose something to her for example I can also do SEO for the same rate. I received a generous hourly rate from them while only doing GMB and I am more than willing to expand my workload with the same hourly rate. I checked their website and I really think there is so much room for improvement.

Any input regarding this will be highly appreciated. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Ephraim,

Just be patient.  Your client may be very busy, or taken a few days off, and if your job was on a tracked hourly basis, your payment anyway is safe.  Your client would have received your email, so just wait for her reply, and don't do any more work until she comes back to you to give you your next brief. Clients can sometimes take ages to respond, and sometimes they just disappear - it's one of the hazards of freelancing! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

Ephraim,

Just be patient.  Your client may be very busy, or taken a few days off, and if your job was on a tracked hourly basis, your payment anyway is safe.  Your client would have received your email, so just wait for her reply, and don't do any more work until she comes back to you to give you your next brief. Clients can sometimes take ages to respond, and sometimes they just disappear - it's one of the hazards of freelancing! 

Thanks. I am new to this platform and I am still adapting to how this works about client responses.  Guess I am not just used to it yet since my previous client on other platforms wants to get in touch on an almost daily basis. I should just wait then. Thanks again.

roberty1y
Community Member

Clients can change from one day to the next with regard to communication. I've often had clients who promptly answer all messages and co-operate in every way possible, and then suddenly they drop out of contact. Some get back to me eventually, but others don't. 

Three things you should remember:

Make sure you're paid, i.e. have the tracker set up while you're working, or have a milestone funded.

Stop when you've done what was asked, or what's been paid for.

After that, only contact the client once. One message is enough. They'll get back to you if they're going to do so. If they don't, you've been paid, so there's no problem.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members