Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the max quota 20 or 25?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Laurent M Member Since: Nov 27, 2014
1 of 14

Hello,

My job quota is 20. I already passed the oDesk Readiness test, more than 10 other skill tests, worked two hours and did 3 jobs, and I have a 5 stars feedback.

I've heard that the maximum quota is 25. 
1) Is it true?

2) How can I raise my quota to 25? 

I've read the help page about quotas but the maximum seems to be 20.

Similar topics in the forum don't answer the question either, apparently.

Best regards,

Laurent

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 14

It is indeed weird that the help article about job application quotas mentions only 20.

My quota is 25 (I only use 5 or less when hunting for projects though). I did all you did plus have my identity oDesk verified and added a bank account in my name. Perhaps you should contact customer service .

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Susan B Member Since: Mar 28, 2009
3 of 14

I have 25 also. Maybe it's more oDesk secret testing of features?

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 14

I don't think it is a test since mine has been 25 for about 1.5 years now (since my first week or month here). I think the ID verification has something to do with it but the best way to know is to ask support directly.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Susan B Member Since: Mar 28, 2009
5 of 14

Mine has been 25 for years! I was thinking the 20 might be the test or a new policy, but you're right - guessing isn't going to answer the question Smiley Happy

It will be interesting if anyone finds out what the story is.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
6 of 14

I was also having 25, but last month my account undergone with review and reinstated with 20.

When contacted support reffering to ID verification they replied "The maximum is 20, and ID verification does not have any influence any longer. It did in the past though".

This disparity may be due to some testing phase, as previously I had undergone with"minimum wage test" without knowing.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 14

Hi all,

It used to be possible for a freelancer to raise their quota up to 25 by verifying their identity. However, it's not offered anymore and maximum quota freelancers can get now is 20. Those freelancers that did raise their quota by verifying their ID when it was possible were grandfathered though.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
8 of 14

What had I done to deserve this?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Laurent M Member Since: Nov 27, 2014
9 of 14

I see a contradiction in their answer:

1) They say that the maximum is 20, and I told them that my quota was already 20. So already the maximum, I can't raise it more.

2) ... And the rest of the answer says that I could increase my quota! It also implies that I have several ways to increase it, and that getting good feedback is just one of the possibilities.

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 14

Laurent,

From the discussion above, it seems that the current maximum for new members is 20 (not 25 anymore). The moderator did confirm that those who got 25 were grandfathered...meaning, they are treated a bit more special because they verified their profiles when it was still possible to get 25 as the maximum.

I honestly don't think you need more than 10 unless you are into spamming/sending mass applications. I hardly ever use up 5 but then I am picky and quality rather than quantity-driven when I am hunting for projects. Having 20 as the quota per week is more than enough to get you started and established. Applications more than a week old does not count against your quota so there is really no need to have more.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS