cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delete messages?

Ace Contributor
Collin D Member Since: Jul 3, 2015
1 of 18

My entire inbox is cluttered with useless invite messages, making it difficult to actually find the clients I need to talk to. The whole interface is difficult, but being forced to slog through unwanted messages makes it even tougher.

With some of these messages, I can just delete the thread, but for most of them, there's no such option in the drop down menu. How can we clean this up? I've searched through all help options, but can't seem to find the right answer. I'm tired of wading through the garbage.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 18

@Collin D wrote:

My entire inbox is cluttered with useless invite messages, making it difficult to actually find the clients I need to talk to. The whole interface is difficult, but being forced to slog through unwanted messages makes it even tougher.

With some of these messages, I can just delete the thread, but for most of them, there's no such option in the drop down menu. How can we clean this up? I've searched through all help options, but can't seem to find the right answer. I'm tired of wading through the garbage.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Then simply hide them if you don't want to see them.

Didn't you explore all the options the message app gives you?

No one is forcing you to "slog through unwanted messages"

Simply Hide them.

How can we clean it up? Hide Them and Learn everything the program offers.

Ace Contributor
Collin D Member Since: Jul 3, 2015
3 of 18

The light light light grey 'hide' button barely appears on my screen (browser issue? screen brightness issue? who knows?), so I had no way of noticing it without someone telling me it was there. Especially given the other buttons that are present, under which a 'hide' or 'delete' button would actually make sense.

Obviously, I explored everything I noticed before posting a message, but thanks for questioning my intelligence! Always a nice way to start a day.

Alexandr M Member Since: Aug 1, 2016
4 of 18

Hi, i Hided 1 message by mystake, how can I unhide this message? 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 18

Hi Alexandr,

In order to unhide a message thread, please click "All People & Rooms" > search for the name of the user on the search bar > click on the user's name to display the conversation again.

RadioWave M Member Since: Nov 16, 2016
6 of 18
I came in here to find out the same thing. I absolutely hate messages from people who respond with this kind of condescension. When someone asks a simple question, either answer it without the snark and attitude, or don't respond at all. It saves everyone time from having to read such a useless post
Nikki H Member Since: Jan 16, 2017
7 of 18

Hi Jean, do you know if hidden message threads will become shown automatically  if I get a message from that thread? I'm asking because I'd like to hide invite comment threads (they clutter the inbox), but I'd also still very much like to see an invite comment thread IF the prospective client replies to my proposal.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 18

Hi Nikki,

Yes, if somebody in the room sends a messages, the room will become visible again. You can also find hidden rooms in message search on the left panel.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
9 of 18

And then there are the rooms that just keep popping up and giving themselves first-glance priority no matter how often they're hidden, or how stale or non-existent their business value may be.

James M Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
10 of 18

I've had a ton of invites lately I've declined as well and was frustrated by the clutter. I don't see a hide button, but in the pulldown under the search on the upper left of the messages page, you have the option to see only "unread" messages instead of recent messages.

That's worked for me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS