🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a scam
Page options
e01a5fd6
Community Member

Is this a scam

Am really new to this. After completing my task or work ,I have been asked to provide the underlisted before payment can be made. 

Is this ligit......

To connect your account to the payment portal you are required to submit the following details 

1: photo of yourself 

2: phone number 

3: Date of birth 

4: Email you submitted the task with

5: and a refundable payment of $35 to connect your account to the company payment server 

Once this is done your account will be connected and your payment will be processed successfully

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Yes. It was described many times here.

@mykola A, what does that mean? Scam or not? 

Scam.

Outside conversation without contract not allowed.

Contacts sharing not allowed.

FL don't pay for work.

FL don't share private info.

ArjayM

Hi Afiarita,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Please be aware that real clients will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information.

Since the client's asking for your contact details and I can't seem to find any communications you had with a client on your Upwork Messages, It's important to know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members