🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » It's possible to Invite a freelancer from out...
Page options
jramonp
Community Member

It's possible to Invite a freelancer from outside upwork to join an agency.

Hi, I'm planning to create an agency but I want to contract some freelancer from outside upworks.
They tried to create an account but they were rejected.

So, It's possible to Invite a freelancer from outside upwork to join an agency?

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, It's possible to Invite a freelancer from outside Upwork to join an agency/team. Please read this Help Article in order to send an invite to your freelancer and add them to your team on Upwork. All profiles are getting through the review process when registering, unrelated whether they are invited by the agency or not.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jramonp
Community Member

Thank you so much, I found that article a while ago but I was not sure if the mothod worked to bring an agency member.

petra_r
Community Member

@Jesus R wrote:

Thank you so much, I found that article a while ago but I was not sure if the mothod worked to bring an agency member.

The article is for clients bringing their own freelancers, and really the point is rather moot if your friend has already been rejected.

jramonp
Community Member

So basically I can or not? Smiley Frustrated

petra_r
Community Member

@Jesus R wrote:

So basically I can or not? Smiley Frustrated

I am not sure whether you need to look up what "rejected" means.

It means he can't work on Upwork.

jramonp
Community Member

I See.

I don't know exactly the criteria of upwork to approve a profile, it's weird, most of my team are excelent in their area, universitary studies, outside of upwork we worked with international brands, firts places in  upwork tests, and still their profile isn't approved by upwork.

What a wonderfull place.

petra_r
Community Member

@Jesus R wrote:

I don't know exactly the criteria of upwork to approve a profile, it's weird, most of my team are excelent in their area, universitary studies, outside of upwork we worked with international brands, firts places in  upwork tests, and still their profile isn't approved by upwork.

There are already (way) too many freelancers in most categories, the majority of whom don't win any or only very few jobs.

Adding more, unless they are exceptional, makes no sense.

I'm having a hard time understanding how to do this. I just started my agency and I want to invite people on Upwork but I don't know their username nor their email addresses. The next thing is, I want to invite people outside of Upwork which you explained but I'm not understanding. Please help with this. 

Thanks,

Alex

Alexander Peralta

Hi Alex, I talked with representative of upwork via chat and the option they gave me was:

- the people you are trying to invite needs to create a profile in upwork, don't matter if it's not approved, then you have to contact upwork via chat and they will approve them and add then to your agency.

Hi,

Where I can reach them via chat? Do you have a link to share?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sheng

Hi Sherryll Mae,

Feel free to post your questions or concerns here and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can a company invite an outsider to join upwork and work on a project?

Hi Jose, 

If you are referring to inviting freelancers to join an agency, yes, it's possible to invite a freelancer from outside Upwork to join an agency/team. Please read this Help Article to learn more about how to invite a freelancer and add them to your team on Upwork. All profiles are getting through the review process when registering, unrelated whether they are invited by the agency or not.

~ Joanne
Upwork
adc06b3f
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

It seems the Help article link you sent has been moved. I also want to invite a friend who has a profile that complements my own, so can you walk me through the process?

Thanks

Hi Jenny,

I would just like to confirm if you are looking to invite your friend as a member of your agency, or are you looking to refer your friend to a potential client?

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths