Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS Rate down Without any Issue

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
1 of 16

my JS rate is down from 97 to 90 % , after getting 5 star feedback on a project.

What kind of failing system is this ?????

I cant say anything else about the system in community .

After discussing the issue with CS , Only copy paste replies around ....( i am reviewing your profile ... do wait and then a bunch of copy paste replies .. ( we are sorry ) .

Thats all ..... No help from anyone ....

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Highlighted
Amandeep S Member Since: Apr 25, 2015
2 of 16

Welcome to the world of private feedback..hahahaha....

I am sorry for that lame statement my friend but Upwork is getting more private with JS and it will keep it to it. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 16

Amandeep S wrote:

I am sorry for that lame statement my friend but Upwork is getting more private with JS and it will keep it to it. 

i knew about private feeddback but i dont know if they charge you 7 % drop on just 1 contract ,which has 5 star and i am sure if someone is giving you 5 star public then private will be more than that.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
4 of 16
Sorry to say, 5* feedback does not mean a good private feedback. Also remember that its not just one job that can cause a decrease in score, it is a moving average. All jobs are taken into consideration. Your last two jobs in may may have received poor private feedback.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 16

Your Job Success has nothing much to do with this month. It's more about what happened in May 2013 and what the feedback was them. As we go into June it will drop May 2013 and start from June 2013 that's what is causing most of the problems. Not today's feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 16

i dont know about my clients hearts , i just provide them what they need and if i give you a 5 star feedbak and write a good sentence about the work you have done for me .. and then i give u a 0 star private feedback then its out of work and it goes something personal ..

If upwork want that we beg from our clients then its not possible . 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
7 of 16

Exactly the same here - from 100% to 91% after getting 5 star feedback and, also working on long term job.

There are some completed jobs which clients are not closing - vanished (if that affects).

Upwork! Make a separate thread and  please write in details how do you calcutate JS score to eliminate dosens of theads in here and close this issue once and for all.

I think, you have some problems with mathematics there. Smiley Tongue

Also, I remember in those days back clients were getting notifications that if they were inactive for sometime they had either to pause the contract or close it. As I feel nothing like that is happening now. Result - we, frelancers, are paying for that in terms of JS scoring (assuming).

I'm not saying anything with other glitches in the system.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 16

Jean is partially correct in saying that last year's sores in May is affecting the overall score. However current reviews are what will drive your score down dramatically. Imagine you received a good private feedback on both jobs this month, the bad review which were already in effect already would not have driven down your score so much. Therefore it stands to reason that you also received negative private reviews this month.

Now 5* public feedback and negative private feedback is not your fault really, it does not mean you are a bad freelancer. I would urge everyone to read these two posts by Krisztina and the entire threads if possible. If she is correct in her guess, then you could easily understand why and how everyone score can fluctuate drastically. Bear in mind also that there are many other metric involved in the JS score.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Reduced-Client-Happiness-Score-So-It-Happened-to-Me/m-p/...

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Account-is-suspended/m-p/81961/highlight/true#M35867

In summing it all up, it is important to get that client to select "10" at all times. The truth is it requires bending backwards for some clients, others it is just good work. However if there is that feeling of "well he/she didn't do too bad so maybe a 7 or 8 etc" when your client responds to the question, it will be unfavourable.

This is just an opinion. Garnor and Valeria had promised more information in the near future, so let us see what is provided.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
9 of 16

Hi Setu,

"Sorry to say, 5* feedback does not mean a good private feedback. "

I don't think that's the case.

Let me explain what is my point.

Say, we've got 5 star PUBLIC feedback and in PRIVATE client put 1 star. Now, as far as I understood that, neither freelancers nor clients are able to see the private feedback - instead, what we both see is what is on the "public page". So, in other words, this means literally one thing - Upworks is cheating the prospective clients and freelancers?

Nooo, that's can't be true - there are problems with system, but still, Upwork does its' job in a professional manner!!!

Probably you did not see another, one of the biggest freelansing site, what hey do. Smiley LOL  Compared to them Upwork/Elance is trully number 1.

Also, that's not that hard to estimate what client will put in the private feedback since we are constantly in communication with them and this communication will definitelly give you a feeling how clients expectations are met.

I think here the problem is in approaches and parameters what Upwork is using in JS calculation.

That's why it'll be good to know those parameters in details and may be we even will suggest Upwork team something mindfull to correct these problems - adjust some parametrs, add or remove or modify some of them. 

One thing is doing job and another the evvironment where you do the job - the latest highly affects jobs performance.

Listen to us Upwork - we indeed want to have this place longlived!

That's what I think.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 16

Just to add a few points from the help article here.

"To calculate your Job Success Score, we subtract instances of poor performance from good performance, leaving you with a net overall performance..... we look at how this calculation changes over time."

Now these are the performance indicators:

"We look at many performance indicators, both positive and negative, including:

• public and private feedback
  • successful completion of work
  • client complaints
  • responsiveness levels
  • missed deadlines
  • disputes
  • long term client relationships"

This is the definition of JS

"The percentage of this freelancer's jobs that resulted in a great client experience."

Now when you add all the indicator points together (however the points are assigned to each indicator), was the performance successful or was it unsuccessful.

This is then tallied using whatever formula to get the percentage

"movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time"

I don't know if the help article was recently updated but it is a lot clearer now. All these points were taken from here.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS