Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rating Issue

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3131 of 5,529

Hi Kundan,

I checked your account and can confirm that your JSS is calculated correctly. JSS is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Dario A Member Since: Nov 25, 2019
3132 of 5,529

Hi Goran, i has read the article but i cant find what i did wrong. I need to know that because i dont wan to do it again.

Highlighted
Kundan K Member Since: Jan 29, 2018
3133 of 5,529

Thank you Goran

Highlighted
Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
3134 of 5,529

I have been with Upwork for a good while (on and off). I have had a score as high as 100% with a status of 'top rated' and as low as 82%. I have gone up and down a number of times. I can confidently say that the times when I have done the worst getting decent work has been when my score is 100% and I have had some good jobs when I have been in the '80s'. I do not know what it is, maybe clients perceive me as being expensive having the score of 100% and they think that somebody with a score of 80-90% and who is a cheapo will still be good enough for the job.

So I do not understand why so many people are in panic about their score not being at the top end.

Highlighted
3135 of 5,529

Hello, i want to know why my rating is too low. I have 1 job in process 8 with 5 stars and 2 with 4.5 but my rating goes down from 98 to 87 i dont know why.
Thanks a lot.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3136 of 5,529

Hi Dario,

Keep in mind that Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, repeat ones, a pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. Job Success Score is calculated on a 6-12 and 24 months window. When contracts are pushed out of these windows your JSS will be calculated on the contracts that are in these time frames. To learn more about your Job Success Score, check out this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
3137 of 5,529

Hi, Bojan i has read the article but i cant find what i did wrong. I need to know that because i dont wan to do it again.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lee Ann M Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
3138 of 5,529

Couple issues and wondering what others' experience/advice is....

In August I ended a contract that had been inactive for about a year.  It was supposed to be for monthly blog posts but the client quit communicating after the third. Maybe two months ago I messaged her to suggest we end the contract, and didn't hear back. So knowing that inactive contracts hanging around is not a good thing in Upwork's eyes I ended the contract, and the client didn't leave feedback, which through a discussion with Support I was able to deduce had caused (in large part anyway) my JSS to drop from 94% to 88%.  So question one is - in this type of situation (i.e. client has been unresponsive and you think there is a reasonable chance they will not leave feedback, should you just not end the contract?  This client had also connected with me on Linkedin and her profile popped up on top for some reason today.  I saw that last December she had left the company she had been working for when I did the work for her.  Light bulb.  When happens when the person who hired you leaves the company?  Aside from the fact that you would be about number zillion-dy on their priority list you have no way of communicating with them anyway (I have found it very rare that anyone who hires me on Upwork has a colleague at the company also involved in the Upwork account) This seems like a situation that Upwork should have an approach to handling.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3139 of 5,529

Lee Ann M wrote:

In August I ended a contract that had been inactive for about a year.  It was supposed to be for monthly blog posts but the client quit communicating after the third.

Because you had earned money under that contract it won't have hurt your JSS either open or closed without feedback.

Lee Ann M wrote:

So question one is - in this type of situation (i.e. client has been unresponsive and you think there is a reasonable chance they will not leave feedback, should you just not end the contract? 

It does not matter either way. They don't hurt either way.

The most important factor is that you are paid.

Unless you have a hell of a lot (or a pattern, such as closing a dozen or so at once) of such contracts, those who go idle or you close without feedback do no harm to your JSS at all.

Highlighted
Michal S Member Since: Nov 27, 2019
3140 of 5,529

Hello,

I would like to report a client with name **Edited for Community Guidelines** that has destroyed my Job Success score with unbearable requirements and I could not stand this client and I have no rating from him because it was not possible to work with him, So I cancelled the contract and write review but still it counts to my Job Success.

Do you know what should I do please, how can I remove it? It is not fair, it has destroyed my Job Success score and now it is very hard to find a client because of that.

Thanks everyone!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS