Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS recovery very slow

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3421 of 5,250

Humberto V wrote:

Right now I have 6 non eligible weeks, will reach 8 next 16th February. So I have to maintain 90% or more for 5 weeks in a row in order to be eligible. This means that, if all goes well, only by April. 

Nope.... That's not how it works. Because all the non-eligible weeks have to work their way all the way through the 16 week window and all but 3 have to fall out of it before you can reach 13 out of 15 eligible weeks again.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Humberto V Member Since: Dec 12, 2019
3422 of 5,250

So this means more time is required then

Highlighted
Tom M Member Since: Sep 21, 2016
3423 of 5,250

I've had a good record on Upwork so far. When my JSS dropped to 87%, I found that it was because of one client who gave me one star feedback and demanded a refund. I then spoke to him and he agreed that it was not a fair reflection and he agreed to change the feedback. (He also would have refnded the money if there was any way to do so).

But has this made any difference to my JSS? No - still 87% as before.That seems to be unfair.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3424 of 5,250

Tom M wrote:

he agreed to change the feedback.

But has this made any difference to my JSS? No - still 87% as before.

Nope, the JSS is largely governed by private feedback, which can not be changed.

Tom M wrote:

(He also would have refnded the money if there was any way to do so).

He could easily just pay you as a bonus, even if the contract is already closed. If you issued a full refund, that also rendered the contract a "nothing paid" contract. Those usually hurt the JSS too.

Highlighted
3425 of 5,250

Ok, thanks Petra

He may be willing to do that.

Highlighted
3426 of 5,250

Ok - I have asked him if he would pay me a bonus and although he expressed regret for the feedback score (and changed it), he was unwilling to do this and said I should "take it up with Upwork".

The reason he gave was that he felt that this kind of situation could be open to abuse - I would not agree with that. But in any case, I am left with the JSS of 87%, after about 8 years of good success on my projects. It is now much harder to win new projects - could someone have a look at this for me?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Jitendra P Member Since: Dec 11, 2018
3427 of 5,250
Hey there, today i saw a drop in my JSS from 90 to 79. I have a project which is not active and the client account is suspended from last 2 months. Will this be affecting my JSS? If yes, there is no issue from my side in the contract, i got a mail from upwork to stop the work so i did the same. Will the damage caused will be reversed if i end the contract, but than too i won't be getting any feedback from client side. Please clarify this.
Also i have some project which are active once in a while, are these also affecting my JSS? If i close them and client gives me proper feedback, will my JSS be restored to normal?
One of client gave me 5 start rating but he didn't gave ant feedback, will this affect the JSS?
Sorry for asking too many questions but this sudden drop in JSS made me worried abit about my career.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria P Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
3428 of 5,250

The main reason your JSS has dropped is most likely related to a poor private feedback. What number do you see next to 'Clients who would recommend you' in Stats? That's your answer.

Highlighted
Jitendra P Member Since: Dec 11, 2018
3429 of 5,250
I can see 60% clients recommending. But if i get 5 star rating than recommendation should be redundant. If he is not happy with my work than he could just have given me poor review.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3430 of 5,250
To answer your last question: a 5 star rating with no written comment is treated the same as a 5 star rating with a paragraph of praise when it comes to JSS calculations. The JSS is based on a mathematical algorithm which by design cannot factor in written feedback. It's also worth noting that public feedback of any kind probably doesn't have nearly as much of an effect on JSS as private feedback does.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS