cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

JSS

Highlighted
Active Member
Evgeniy B Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
2051 of 3,597

Hello, on march 31 my profile updated, and I was very surpised because I lost 4% of JSS, I thoght maybe it is because I had 1 cotract whithout 5 month activity,I wrote to my client, and  he closed contract whtih 5 stars.In a cople days I made new job and contract was closed whith  5 stars feedback.But yesterday was JSS updated date, no any chandges, How this can be?Thank You!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2052 of 3,597

Evgeniy B wrote:

Hello, on march 31 my profile updated, and I was very surpised because I lost 4% of JSS, I thoght maybe it is because I had 1 cotract whithout 5 month activity,


It had nothing to do with your long term contract, you will have had less than great private feedback on one of the jobs that ended between the 15th and the 31st of March. Unless you have a large percentage of idle contracts and provided they have something, at some point, paid on them, they don't hurt at all.

 


Evgeniy B wrote:

In a cople days I made new job and contract was closed whith  5 stars feedback.But yesterday was JSS updated date, no any chandges, How this can be?


The JSS is the best of your 6, 12 and 24 month calculation windows, and just as you add outcomes, outcomes also fall out of those windows. So anything that is more than 6 months old no longer counts towards your 6 month window, andthing that is more than 1 year old no longer counts into your 1 year window, and anything more than 2 year old does not count anymore at all in any way.

 

Also, it is a mathematical fact that one bad outcome will make your JSS fall further than several good outcomes make it rise (because that is simply how percentages work, or at least above 50% - below it is the opposite)

 

It's like a basket of apples. If you have 9 green apples, your green apple percentage is 100% - add a red apple, and your green apple percentage falls to 90%

You now need 10 more green apples to raise your green apple percentage to 95%

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Active Member
A. T. M N Member Since: May 26, 2018
2053 of 3,597
Greetings!
I am a new freelancer in Upwork and working in Upwork for about 10 months. Everything was going fine as a new freelancer and I am waiting for Top Rated Status (My Top Rated eligible weeks are 8 of 16). But My JSS score has been decreased to 80 from 100 dramatically this week. I did not end any contacts but a contact has been paused by client for reviewing the first submission. so, The client paused the contact temporarily and will back soon. The other 6 projects are running well.
I don't know what is the reasons for this unexpected score and I am upset about this matter. Can you please help me in this issue or what can I do?
Thanks!
 
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2054 of 3,597

A. T. M N wrote:
 
I don't know what is the reasons for this unexpected score and I am upset about this matter. Can you please help me in this issue or what can I do?
 

Are there any contracts that either: 1) Have been closed with no money ever paid under them? or 2) were fully refunded or 3) have been open for 2-3 months and never had anything paid under them?

 

A paused contract with money paid does not hurt.

 

Also, what is your private feedback percentage? (Clients who would recommend you %age on your My Stats page?)

 

Also, you may not have enough contracts in your 6 month window to calculate a JSS from anymore, so your JSS defaults to the 12 month window.

 

Highlighted
Active Member
A. T. M N Member Since: May 26, 2018
2055 of 3,597

Hi petra!

yes, I understood . I ended one contact with no money and refunded at the beginning of this program. I did not understand then. Thanks!

Highlighted
Active Member
Sourav L Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
2056 of 3,597

Hi All,

 

I was just viewing my profile and saw my JSS to be 95%. Few days back I was having 100% score with Top Rated badge. Though I still retain my Top Rated Badge but my JSS dropped by 5%. I have all completed task with 5 star rating.

 

I just needed to know what would have caused this sudden drop. Below are my doubts :

1. Is it about Private Feedback. If yes then is there a way I can retain my 100% back or know which contract/task caused it?

2. Any open fixed contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but proposed amount is transfered to me ]

3. Any open hourly contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but amount is transfered to me as per hour I devoted]

4. Ongoing hourly task [ present client might have given a review ]

5. Adding manual time to work diary [ approved by client ]

6. Not replying/action taken to invitation to interview proposals. [ Accept/Decilne ]

 

Thanks for taking out time to help me. The help I get will help me follow correct steps to keep myself on the top of the score

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2057 of 3,597

Sourav L wrote:

Hi All,

 

I was just viewing my profile and saw my JSS to be 95%. Few days back I was having 100% score with Top Rated badge. Though I still retain my Top Rated Badge but my JSS dropped by 5%. I have all completed task with 5 star rating.

 

I just needed to know what would have caused this sudden drop. Below are my doubts :

1. Is it about Private Feedback. If yes then is there a way I can retain my 100% back or know which contract/task caused it? No way to know which contract caused it, this is intentional. To get back to 100% you have to provide excellent work every time. 

2. Any open fixed contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but proposed amount is transfered to me ] - no

3. Any open hourly contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but amount is transfered to me as per hour I devoted] no 

4. Ongoing hourly task [ present client might have given a review ] no

5. Adding manual time to work diary [ approved by client ] no 

6. Not replying/action taken to invitation to interview proposals. [ Accept/Decilne ] no

 

Thanks for taking out time to help me. The help I get will help me follow correct steps to keep myself on the top of the score


 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2058 of 3,597

Sourav L wrote:

 

I was just viewing my profile and saw my JSS to be 95%. Few days back I was having 100% score with Top Rated badge. Though I still retain my Top Rated Badge but my JSS dropped by 5%. I have all completed task with 5 star rating.


 

If your JSS was 100% a few days ago, the contract that did it affected you during the period between the 1st of April and yesterday.


So it was either a contract that ended in those 2 weeks (there seems to be only one) or one that became 2 to 3 months old without anything having EVER been paid on it.

 


Sourav L wrote:

 

1. Is it about Private Feedback. If yes then is there a way I can retain my 100% back or know which contract/task caused it?

2. Any open fixed contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but proposed amount is transfered to me ]

3. Any open hourly contract [ completed from both client&my side but client hasn't closed it but amount is transfered to me as per hour I devoted]

4. Ongoing hourly task [ present client might have given a review ]

5. Adding manual time to work diary [ approved by client ]

6. Not replying/action taken to invitation to interview proposals. [ Accept/Decilne ]


1. If there is only one contract that closed in the last 2 weeks, that is the one that did it. You could use your top rated perk to remove the impact on the JSS, but I would not do that.

2. No impact

3. No impact

4. Not if it is open -no

5.  No impact

6. No impact.

 

The only things that have a negative impact are feedback (public and / or private) and contracts that end or stay open for several months without anything ever having been paid on them. You don't have an excessive number of "No feedback" or "long term idle" contracts.

 

Highlighted
Active Member
Marijana P Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2059 of 3,597

After years of being a member of this community I'm seriously thinking of leaving. I've just seen that although all my jobs were rated with 5 stars, my job success score that has been 100 % from the start is now 95 % probably because of 2 jobs that are in progress and don't have a feedback yet. It's not fair at all, not to say that counting it by the earnings also wasn't fair, too.

 

I've never had the "top rated" badge although my JSS was 100 % because there weren't many jobs for my language. So who cares that you did an amazing work, recognized by the clients, you didn't earn $1000, because your language is not among the most spoken ones, and because of that there is no many clients to earn more, and you are not a top freelancer.

 

Couple of clients don't leave a feedback, because the job isn't over yet, and your job success is not 100 % because of something that wasn't your fault, how very fair...now your score is like the score of the ones that didn't do the job quite right.

 

How fair, how very fair...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2060 of 3,597

Marijana P wrote:

After years of being a member of this community I'm seriously thinking of leaving. I've just seen that although all my jobs were rated with 5 stars, my job success score that has been 100 % from the start is now 95 % probably because of 2 jobs that are in progress and don't have a feedback yet. It's not fair at all, not to say that counting it by the earnings also wasn't fair, too.

 

I've never had the "top rated" badge although my JSS was 100 % because there weren't many jobs for my language. So who cares that you did an amazing work, recognized by the clients, you didn't earn $1000, because your language is not among the most spoken ones, and because of that there is no many clients to earn more, and you are not a top freelancer.

 

Couple of clients don't leave a feedback, because the job isn't over yet, and your job success is not 100 % because of something that wasn't your fault, how very fair...now your score is like the score of the ones that didn't do the job quite right.

 

How fair, how very fair...


Jobs that are still in progress have absolutely nothing to do you JSS as they only have an impact once the have been ended. Reading up on how the JSS is calculated would have saved you from complaining about something that is a total non-issue.

It is your private feedback, is my guess. What is your "clients that would recommend you" number? I guess it's quite below 100%, right? Sigh. Now who's fault is that? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS