cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Stevan S Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
3361 of 3,527
I have no open inactive contract, I am aware that it affects the JSS. I don't know why someone would give me 5 stars and leave me a great feedback with the best compliments and give a bad rating in private feedback.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3362 of 3,527

Stevan S wrote:
I have no open inactive contract, I am aware that it affects the JSS. 

Only if nothing was ever paid.

Stevan S wrote:
 I don't know why someone would give me 5 stars and leave me a great feedback with the best compliments and give a bad rating in private feedback.

Because clients are sick of a certain subset of freelancers asking for 5 stars, or arguing over "less than perfect" public feedback or getting upeset and wanting to plead, get the feedback changed etc.

So such clients just give 5 stars to get out of the contract cleanly and be done with it.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anum S Member Since: Feb 9, 2018
3363 of 3,527

Hello...!

Any body tell me that  my profile JSS shows 82% but according to my Stats the JSS is 86% and one more thing i have no project ended last two week how JSS became downgrade 4%. I attached the screenshot of my stats which is updated today.

I don't know what the formula is used for the calculation.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
3364 of 3,527

Hi Anum,

Please read this post: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358

I hope this will clarify the question.

Joynul Abedin
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3365 of 3,527

Hi Joynul..

Thanks for your response but i read the whole story of this post before.

That is not the right anwer to refer this post.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
3366 of 3,527

Luce told a very true...

Try not to give it too much thought or YOU would go crazy!

Joynul Abedin
Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
3367 of 3,527
Not that you asked, but it seems like an easy boost to your JSS is to be mindful of your communications and manage client expectations of when you can deliver. Your deadline and availability scores have been less than stellar on more than one project.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
3368 of 3,527

The JSS on the profile and on the stats do not update simultaneously. One updates first, but I don't remember which.

Maybe you have some inactive contract or contracts. This is supposed to affect your JSS after a while.

No one knows the formula used for the calculation. It's just part of the fun. We are judged without knowing why. Try not to give it too much thought or YOU would go crazy!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3369 of 3,527

Hi Luce...

Thanks for your suggestion but sometimes it become crazy for the freelancer when they saw sudden drop of JSS without any reason.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3370 of 3,527

Anum S wrote:

Hi Luce...

Thanks for your suggestion but sometimes it become crazy for the freelancer when they saw sudden drop of JSS without any reason.

You got knocked hard on deadlines on your last job. Wouldn't it make sense that it's the reason instead of NO REASON?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS