Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1181 of 5,531

@Tigran A wrote:

Hello Everyone
I'm a member of Upwork from 2014 year, I have completed number of long term projects and gained Top Rated badge and 100% JSS for a long time(more than 2 years I think). My last project I completed on 27th of July and as I was working on it since 11th of April 2017 I decided to take a vacation. I changed my availabilty to Not Available and set the profile to private. Now I'm back and eager to take a new project, but I see that I'm no longer a Top Rated freelancer and my JSS is 80%.
Can anyone please explain why ?

Poor private feedback on the last closed contract OR a contract that was started a long time ago and has not created any earnings yet or closed without earning any money.

Highlighted
Sanat B Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
1182 of 5,531

I am very depressed about my JSS. I have completed 3 jobs from the period of 19 August to 1st September but today 2nd September when I checked my JSS it is still 86% same as the past. About one month ago My JSS was 83%, after completed 2 jobs It was upgrade to 86% in 19 August. But after completed 3 jobs still it is 86%.

I have total 14 jobs and unfortunately 1 job has no earning no feedback. But rest of them 11 jobs have a 5 star and two have 4.45 and 4.60. At first my JSS was 100% then 92% > 83% >86%

I know that private feedback affect in JSS but why my JSS still unchanged though I have some good feedback?
Highlighted
Community Guru
1183 of 5,531

@Sanat B wrote:

I have total 14 jobs and unfortunately 1 job has no earning no feedback. But rest of them 11 jobs have a 5 star and two have 4.45 and 4.60. At first my JSS was 100% then 92% > 83% >86%

I know that private feedback affect in JSS but why my JSS still unchanged though I have some good feedback?

It may not have updated yet, it ALWAYS shows the "updated on" some hours before the JSS updates.

Also, keep an eye on your "Clients who would recommend" percentage, that sums up private feedback.)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
1184 of 5,531

How far back does the calculation of "Clients who would recommend" percentage go?

Highlighted
Community Guru
1185 of 5,531

@Will L wrote:

How far back does the calculation of "Clients who would recommend" percentage go?

The day you got your first feedback. There are no windows like with the JSS.

Highlighted
Nicolas I Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
1186 of 5,531

Hi

I am in Upwork for many years, and it was a pleasure to be part of it: I had many clients, I won projects very quickly and had cool experiences. However, as soon as someone in Upwork's team decided to add the Job Success Score to the freelancers' profiles, everything started to change and opportunities went into a declining path and still going lower.

It is suppossedly composed of many factors that reflect a freelancer's reputation, but believe me, it's far far away from achieving that. Just look at my profile. I have many 5 stars projects, and it won't go lower than 4 sometimes. My average won't decrease from a 4 stars and some decimals. But, my JSS is 82%; it dropped suddenly from 92% to 82% without me noticing it. I can guarantee I had offers and quick responses at 92%, but right now, I feel like a paria. I don't get any response, or maybe, one every 3 weeks with some luck. I don't want to be part of Upwork anymore. The JSS is an unfair badge. I can't respond for clients who don't like to add feedback, or they just don't want to repeat a job with me, because, you know, they have other stuff going on in their lives.

Seriously, why are there hidden factors behind the JSS we, the freelancers, cannot see and understand? Community moderators, please avoid responding with automated - in the manual - responses. Start thinking on making our lives easier again and build a fair community. The JSS is a repellent because clients obviously will choose a dropdown offering them to filter those freelancers with JSS higher than 90%, because higher numbers look attractive from a marketing point of view. But you know, only way to achieve that is if you're a slave who works 365 days in the year right from the platform willing not to compromise the JSS, because that's the rule. If you leave for a month, maybe, because a client believes you're so good it's better you're hired directly and have a salary increase, avoiding fees. And woops, you loose 10% in a row, because you know, there is a time frame period in which the JSS is calculated: your older achievements no longer counts. And also, there is a ghost in the shell who decides what's good or not, and you just don't know what is it.

So, please, REMOVE THE JSS. Freelancers, do a vote.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
1187 of 5,531

@Nicolas I wrote:

Hi

I am in Upwork for many years, and it was a pleasure to be part of it: I had many clients, I won projects very quickly and had cool experiences. However, as soon as someone in Upwork's team decided to add the Job Success Score to the freelancers' profiles, everything started to change and opportunities went into a declining path and still going lower.

It is suppossedly composed of many factors that reflect a freelancer's reputation, but believe me, it's far far away from achieving that. Just look at my profile. I have many 5 stars projects, and it won't go lower than 4 sometimes. In any case, in worst case, my average won't decrease from a 4 stars and some decimals. But, my JSS is 82%; it dropped suddenly from 92% to 82% without me noticing it. I can guarantee I had offers and quick responses at 92%, but right now, I feel like a paria. I don't get any response, or maybe, one every 3 weeks with some luck. I don't want to be part of Upwork anymore. The JSS is an unfair badge. I can't respond for clients who don't like to add feedback, or they just don't want to repeat a job with me, because, you know, they have other stuff going on in their lives.

Seriously, why are there hidden factors behind the JSS we, the freelancers, cannot see and understand? Community moderators, please avoid responding with automated - in the manual - responses. Start thinking on making our lives easier again and build a fair community. The JSS is a repellent because clientes obviously will choose a dropdown offering them to filter those freelancers with JSS higher than 90%, because you know, higher numbers look attractive from a marketing point of view. But you know, only way to achieve that is if you're a slave who works 365 days in the year right from the platform willing not to compromise the JSS, because that's the rule. If you leave for a month, maybe, because a client believes you're so good it's better you're hired directly and have a salary increase, avoiding fees. And woops, you loose 10% in a row, because you know, there is a time frame period in which the JSS is calculated: your older achievements no longer counts. And also, there is a ghost in the shell who decides what's good or not, and you just don't know what is it.

So, please, REMOVE THE JSS. Freelancers, do a vote.

I had a look at your profile. I dicovered a public feedback below 4. Do you really think a client is happy and provides you with a good private feedback when you decide to end a contract because there is too little to do and provide them with someone else? Your reply to that feedback is a warning to all potential future clients.

Highlighted
1188 of 5,531

That doesn't even respond to my arguments here; my average rating is still above 4. Whatever I have stated in 1 single client's feedback doesn't excuse Upwork from making our lives harder with the implementation of the JSS. That single client has already opened a new contract with me, because he values my skills and work. So, your offensive quote doesn't add anything to this thread.

Instead of automatically arguing against responses here, trying to find a clue to blame the freelancer, try to follow the whole discussion and understand everyone here is upset with this unfair scoring system.

I already opened an account in Hired, Guru, Toptal and X-Team. I'm leaving Upwork soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
1189 of 5,531

@Nicolas I wrote:

That doesn't even respond to my arguments here; my average rating is still above 4. Whatever I have stated in 1 single client's feedback doesn't excuse Upwork from making our lives harder with the implementation of the JSS. That single client has already opened a new contract with me, because he values my skills and work. So, your offensive quote doesn't add anything to this thread.

Instead of automatically arguing against responses here, trying to find a clue to blame the freelancer, try to follow the whole discussion and understand everyone here is upset with this unfair scoring system.

I already opened an account in Hired, Guru, Toptal and X-Team. I'm leaving Upwork soon.

Foot voting it is. Good luck. Just keep in mind that when leaving UW you also loose your client for the next 18 months.

Highlighted
1190 of 5,531

So, do you get paid to fight or threat users? Why don't you just discuss about the efficiency and reliability of the JSS, which is what we're discussing here? You give me the impression that you think being a community manager or whatever role you are in, is defending Upwork by all means possible and ignoring our own experience and thoughts. Shouldn't be a channel where our suggestions are heard without feeling ourselfes as being threated by Upwork's policies?

There are many voices in this forum, real users, who have reasonable arguments that should be heard and be considered. But you fill this discussion with blindless defenses and threats, making this an immature and useless place. Just close the forum, please.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS