cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Yu W Member Since: Apr 24, 2020
4541 of 4,830

Hi, Naufal, I can see you've got the pain with the JSS.

In order to improve your score, I suggest you work on new contracts and do good on them in order to gain positive outcomes that will help boost your score. Therefore, I strongly recommend that when submitting proposals, to always highlight your expertise or what you can offer and show job samples that make you stand out for the post.

In order to boost your score, I advise you to work on new contracts and gain new positive feedback as I can see it has been a while since you have contracts. The reason is why the JSS had been calculated by the rate of Client's Satisfy. If you're highly experienced in your skillsets and ready to get the dirty hands with clients, you should be able to do your best for getting the satisfy from the client. So that all reviews that you will get from new clients will help to raise up your current JSS. (As the tips to raise the JSS, you will be able to contact to get the review from prev clients that gave the "No feedback given". )

Here are the links that I had got from the Upwork support team when I've got the trouble JSS that I've closed the 5 contract with 4 clients.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358
https://www.upwork.com/blog/2015/06/job-success-score-upwork/
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006097327

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy.

All the best.

Highlighted
Bawa S Member Since: Dec 13, 2018
4542 of 4,830

Hi Everyone,

This might feel like a dumb question but it is very serious for me. Until Saturday night my Profile was top-rated and the job success score was 98%. after Sunday it is now dropped to 84%. In the last two weeks, I got no bad review, but no new contract. Does anyone have idea why my job success score dropped. I am not getting this why this happened.?

Highlighted
Ahmed H Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
4543 of 4,830

Hi,

My Job Success score keeps getting low and then goes up and goes down even though I have done more than client expectation and received 5 start review.

This is causing issues while applying for new jobs as it says I don't meet conditions of 90% above job score.

Can we please advise the upwork team to look into the job score thing and change how it is calculated.

It doesn't make any sense that after all hard work and work beyond client expectation, my job score goes down eventhough I get a 5 start and positive review.

Thanks

Highlighted
Muhammad Usman J Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
4544 of 4,830

I have asked a question somedays ago, that if I cancel the order as the client was not responsive and don't need the work anymore you can read it over here. No one replied on that. Then I think if i cancel it and give a reason as the client don't need the work anymore then it may not affect my rating or if it will, it should not be more than a percent or two. But when I canceled the order, and after two weeks when MY STATS page updated, what I am seeing is it dropped from 94% to directly 83%???

Can anyone please explain the reason why it's happening?? My 2 order had been cancelled (by the clients with mutual talks) in past and they had not enough impact on my profile (even those projects was worth more than this one). Why there's so much drop in my JSS???

I also had completed two contract with 5 star rating, then why would it was not included in there?

Please can anyone explain it to me?

Thanks & Regards!

Highlighted
Abdul S Member Since: May 30, 2020
4545 of 4,830

My JSS decreased from 92% to 84%, while I was working on a single long-term project. My client has added some milestones for me. In the two weeks period, I got paid for 2 milestones. But I still got my JSS decreased. Now, I want to get a rating and review from my client (so that my JSS can improve somewhat). Can I ask them to make a new contract for me and remove the milestones on the existing one? Will removing the milestones affect my JSS?

Highlighted
Mila A Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
4546 of 4,830
Hello! If a client issues a milestone and then forgets to pay on the day he/she is due to pay can it lower JSS?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4547 of 4,830

No. This has nothing to do with JSS.

And there is no such thing as "a day when a client is due to pay a milestone."

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tony S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4548 of 4,830

Hey fellow freelancers

Anyone had problem with JSS when you are sure your clients are leaving you perfect private feedback, but still you are flounder around 85-90% JSS?

Upwork support is not helpful as they just send templated answers which answer nothing.

Anyone did any research about why such situations can happen?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4549 of 4,830

Tony S wrote:

Hey fellow freelancers

Anyone had problem with JSS when you are sure your clients are leaving you perfect private feedback, but still you are flounder around 85-90% JSS?

Upwork support is not helpful as they just send templated answers which answer nothing.

Anyone did any research about why such situations can happen?

Your JSS is vulnerable because you only have 11 contracts in the maximum 2 year window, and were more active before. So every time a contract falls out of your calculation window (which is the best of your 6 month, 12 month and 24 month window, it alters the weight of whatever negative factor is lurking in that window.

This can work to your advantage when "poor" outcomes fall out of the window or another window becomes a better one, or to your disadvantage when more good outcomes fall out of the window(s) than you are adding.

There is safety in numbers. The more contracts you have in your calculation windows the less of an impact any contract will have, for better or for worse.

Ultimately there are two things that hurt your JSS: Contrct with poor private feedback, and contract that never, ever, lead to any earnings. (refunded, never started open ones that have been open for a couple of months or longer, cancelled with $ 0 earnings etc.)

Clearly you have at least 1 negative factor in your 6 month window, because if you didn't, your JSS would be 100%. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zoe A Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
4550 of 4,830

There is safety in numbers. The more contracts you have in your calculation windows the less of an impact any contract will have, for better or for worse.

I'm glad you said this Petra, I was thinking that the other day.

Ultimately there are two things that hurt your JSS: Contrct with poor private feedback, and contract that never, ever, lead to any earnings. (refunded, never started open ones that have been open for a couple of months or longer, cancelled with $ 0 earnings etc.)

Clearly you have at least 1 negative factor in your 6 month window, because if you didn't, your JSS would be 100%. 

I really think 0 feedback contracts are quite significant too. What do you think? I think 0 feedback is closer to negative feedback in Upwork's eyes than positive.  What do you think?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS