Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5641 of 5,754

Pedro H wrote:

"This number is to give more weight the the profiles that have more earnings". Ok, is fine! reward them with more visibility, with more proyects,  but this does not mean you have to punish the rest with this JSS misleading info. .

You are still completely misunderstanding it. It means that the larger jobs are weighed more heavily within a profile. It does not mean that profiles with more earnings get a better JSS.

If a large contract goes wrong, it has a more negative effect on the JSS than if a small one does.

You had less than perfect feedback on 2 of your contracts, the lowest was also a very large contract. That's half the contracts that ended with feedback...

Highlighted
Pedro H Member Since: May 27, 2020
5642 of 5,754

My lowest score is 4,45 out of five, in percentage: 89% but I have 76% JSS

"You are still completely misunderstanding it. It means that the larger jobs are weighed more heavily within a profile"

And do you thing this info is useful for the client that is visiting you profile?  do you think this has to do with the job success? shouldn't be named "larger jobs score and success" instead? is this not a misleading info to make clients flee from my profile? it is, as I pasted a text of Upwork admiting that. Do you think is fair? ok good for you, I don't.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5643 of 5,754

Pedro H wrote:

And do you thing this info is useful for the client that is visiting you profile?  do you think this has to do with the job success? shouldn't be named "larger jobs score and success" instead?

That is not how it works. I have now twice explained that you are still misunderstanding it.

And what you pasted wasn't "Upwork admitting" anything. It also isn't true. Where in the world did that come from? It does not seem to be in any of the help files.

Highlighted
Aiman K Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
5644 of 5,754

Hi,

I have been on my 15th job but still no JSS is activated, even though 5 jobs are completed from different clients with feedback.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5645 of 5,754

Hi Aiman,

The time to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete 4 (or more) different contracts with 3 (or more) different clients within 24 months. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. To learn more about your Job Success Score, check out this Help Article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Claudia P Member Since: Oct 1, 2020
5646 of 5,754

Respected Community Guru's,

First of all, thank you for your time.

I can't seem to grasp the whole concept of the Job Succes Rate and how they calculate it. I've completed 8 jobs now with all of them a 5 star rate. Some of them also have written feedback, some of them don't (maybe that effects my JSS idk). 

Also, i've canceled one contract (my mistake) and she luckily never gave me bad feedback or any feedback at all. This was a $20 contract so it wasn't a very big one. 

So.. that means 8 out of 9 is a 5 star rate and only one of them no feedback/cancelled contract. If that one cancelled contract counts high i should have a minimum of %88.88. Can someone please explain?

Maybe it takes time for the system to read my new star rates and it only 're-update' once a month?

Help!

Highlighted
Community Guru
5647 of 5,754

Claudia P wrote:

Some of them also have written feedback, some of them don't (maybe that effects my JSS idk). 

It doesn't.

Claudia P wrote:

... that means 8 out of 9 is a 5 star rate and only one of them no feedback/cancelled contract. If that one cancelled contract counts high i should have a minimum of %88.88. Can someone please explain?

Only 8 (7 visible, 1 cancelled) are included in your current calculation, as the JSS only updates once every 2 weeks and it last updated on the 25th. So the latest completed contract won't factor into your JSS until the next update on the 8th of November.

Contracts that end without anything having ever been paid, and without or with poor private feedback, have a significant negative effect on your JSS.

Also bear in mind that clients leave 2 sets of feedback: Public feedback and private feedback. It's the private feedback that mainly drives the JSS.

Highlighted
Petar U Member Since: Aug 27, 2020
5648 of 5,754

Hello,

Recently, I have ended a contract with a client recently (1 week after I accepted it). After talking with the client, we agreed on ending the contract with no problem for me or him (because the price was unreasonable, in my opinion). He gave me positive feedback aftewards. My question is: is this going to have much of an impact on my Job Success Score? How much roughly would it affect it? Is it possible that this contract does not affect my JSS somehow, since both me and the client are fine with it? Also, from what I read, do I understand correctly that after half an year, this negative impact will be anulled? Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Eileen D Member Since: Jan 20, 2016
5649 of 5,754

The job scoring is really unfair.  I have completed one job with Upwork and won a second one which ended up being cancelled by the client because they no longer required it to be done. This has ended up with me getting a low job score on my account.

I am paying for a premium account - but it is a total waste of money while Upwork are literally warning clients against me with their unfair and inaccurate job scoring system.  So, I lose and Upwork loses because they have left me with no choice but to cancel my premium account - as it is just wasting money.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5650 of 5,754

Eileen D wrote:

The job scoring is really unfair.  I have completed one job with Upwork and won a second one which ended up being cancelled by the client because they no longer required it to be done. This has ended up with me getting a low job score on my account.

I am paying for a premium account - but it is a total waste of money while Upwork are literally warning clients against me with their unfair and inaccurate job scoring system.  So, I lose and Upwork loses because they have left me with no choice but to cancel my premium account - as it is just wasting money.

where do you see a job score on your profile?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS