🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Offer
Page options
veronicaz714
Community Member

Job Offer

I received a message through Upwork with instructions for an interview through Skype. I followed the instructions did an online assesment and was told I was hired, they want a copy of my DL. Should I proceed?

8 REPLIES 8
youngheart12
Community Member

Did they send you an offer through the Upwork platform? If yes then there should not be any need to share any such document 

they sent an initial document with instructions to interview through Skype. Then said I was hired, but wanted my DL.

does the client hire anyone else, how much money have they spent on Upwork, and do they have any feedback as a client? Sharing that level of personal information can be dangerous and lead to identity theft. It is usually not recommended, however, I myself had done it with clients where the sensitivity of the data and work tasks made it sense.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

No, it's a scam.

sofia2008
Community Member

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract is in place is a violation of Upwork Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up. To learn about the platform and to stay safe, I would take some time to go through the following ressources here before starting working.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Thank you Sophie🙂

veronicaz714
Community Member

Should all interviews be conducted through Upwork?

Before a contract is in place on Upwork, yes. You will see what it means to be hired on Upwork (fixed price contract or hourly contract) in the ressources I sent. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members