🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score dropped
Page options
Rita E Community Member

Job Success Score dropped

Hello,

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 78% and I just successfully completed two jobs were I was given good feedbacks and a five star rating. Yet, after my account was updated on the 29th, it dropped to 74%. I've been working hard to get my JSS back to 80% and I believe there's been a mistake. What do I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

514 REPLIES 514
Stan L Community Member

Hello, I had 100% Jss during the last few months and didn't close any contracts but my JSS dropped to 86%, why it happen?? 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Stan,

I'm sorry to learn about your score drop. I want to clarify that your JSS is updated every two weeks, and any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window. You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.

~ Luiggi
Amit K Community Member

I just ended a project with 5-star ratings, $10,000 in earnings, and the client's recommendation. Still, My JSS dropped. Reason?? Don't have any idea!!!

Mykola A Community Member

Should be private feedback was not 10\10.

Amit K Community Member

I know my client well. I knew her before I was on Upwork. She tells me everything one-on-one and doesn't need a private space to criticize me.

Thats all we can guess. Upwork will never say you the truth. You will receive default useless template about very secret calculation and link to ToS about JSS basics. Sorry, thats all we have.

Clark S Community Member

Your JSS can change even without recent activity. We all know that past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame. Is it possible a old job slipped outside of a 6-month, 12-month or 24-month window?

You have a few decent size jobs from late 2021 through 2022 that may have fallen out of the calculation window when we rolled into January 2024.

Dence B Community Member

Hi Guys,

I have all 5* reviews and a big project i finished told me that he answered 3 questions with 5 stars and 2 with 4 stars. 

My job success score has now plummetted from 100 % to 63% and im struggling to understand why. 

Could anyone gives on feedback on this? 

Thanks so much:)! 

It is correct. Large projects with bad feedback have large weigh for JSS total. Private feedback, which one not 10\10 in your case.

Md Mijanur R Community Member

Hi last month Dec 23, I got 4 new orders, 3 have been completed and 1 is running. from the 3 order I've got 2 5-star reviews and on one of the orders the client asked for a refund, I'll dispute it. today my JSS score was 55%. how did this happen? just for one refund request is it possible to down that much??

Ehsanul K Community Member

Contact Upwork Support

Thanks for your suggestion

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Md Mijanur,

I'm sorry to learn about your score drop. I'm sorry to hear about the change in your score. We won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it but this process is by design.

Please remember that your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace. 

You can find more information in this article

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks for your suggestion, Arjay

Alexander B Community Member

My score decreased from 100% to 94% without any obvious reason. The last project I tried to start was some days before but I didn't work on it. The instructions of the client were inappropriate, I could not start working via their app, so we agreed to cancel the project and I returned the refund. I didn't even work on this project. Is it fair for you this decrease?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Alexander,

I'm sorry to hear about the change in your score. We won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Note that your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time.

That said, because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace. You can find more information in this article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Muhammad Awwab K Community Member

One of my client offered me two jobs and paused one.

later he asked me close one job that he paused from my end as he was not sure how to end that.
I closed he contract as client said and it dropped my job success score. What can I do to get it back as it was not my fault I can provide the screenshot of the client saying me to close the job

**Edited for community guidelines**

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad Awwab,

Job Success Scores reflect many factors, such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.
~ Joanne
Upwork
Muhammad Awwab K Community Member

Is there a way I can go back and select the option that I closed the job because client ask me to do so?

Carlo F Community Member

Hello.

My JSS dropped to 75% from 90+ last year. This I believe due to the fact that I have received a lot of contracts from fake and unresponsive  clients. Can this be disputed?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Carlo,

I want to clarify that if one of your clients has been previously flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), their feedback will not count against your JSS. 

Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the dollar weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how your score is calculated here.
~ Luiggi
Carlo F Community Member

Yes they were all flagged and suspended for some reason. Others were suspicious because they try to send links that will lead you outside the Upwork platform.

Milos Z Community Member

Hello everyone. I noticed that my Job Success Score dropped from 100% to 75%. I have 3 completed jobs with 5 stars review, 1 job in progress and I had one job that I didn't even start tracking time for where I agreed with client to cancel it without reviews, since we dindn't do anything. Did that canceled job make my Job Success Score drop?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Milos,

Cancelling a job does not directly impact your JSS. While the parties won't be able to provide public feedback on a contract that didn't have any payments, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score.

If the client doesn't provide private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from the JSS calculation. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.
~ Luiggi
Ahsan E Community Member

Hi my Jss score dropped from 100% to 88% for no reason I understand the jss depends on the feedbacks and contracts but none of my clients gave me bad reviews  none of the contract is ended then why it happened please help i am so worried thanks 😥

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members