cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score

betheboss
Al I Member Since: May 20, 2017
1 of 14

My job success score neither increases nor decrease. What's going on? From 20 August to 3 September I have finished few projects with very good feedback and my client recommendation increases to 95% from 93%. So I also got good personal feedback too. So I got good feedback. But my job success score isn't increased. It remains the same. Help me.

amir-elkady
Amir E Member Since: Aug 6, 2017
2 of 14

i have face radical drop in the jss
i had a contract, the client just cancelled the project, and i refunded him the milestone, it was very small 50$
all other contracts are 5* contracts
really what have i dont to drop form 95 to 87 ???
the JSS is very vague and no clarity in it
iam totally pissed off i have worked very hard to up lift it from a very unfair client gave me an unfair review in April, you upwork, made all my efforts worthless if feel too much pain and injustice here and all my efforts has gone
thank you for valuing your freelancers
my concern here is to clarify why my JSS dropped that much
i have too many clients who praised me and my skills and just only one client can demolish my JSS that much ? !

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 14

Hi Amir,

Keep in mind that the private feedback is included in the calculation as well. Going back on 87% its not so scary, you can focus on finishing a few short projects to put them in the calculation. If they are 5start feedback with a good private feedback as well, it will help your JSS to go up a little bit faster.

~ Goran
Upwork
g_vasilevski
4 of 14

Hi Md,

The Upwork system takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated every two weeks on Sunday, depends on the time zone your in the update may come later in the day. Keep in mind that the private feedback is also included in the calculation. 
You can read more details about your JSS on this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork
joewrecksdecoy
Ace Contributor
Jorex D Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
5 of 14

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

Earlier today I was so excited seeing my JSS at 95% and only a week away to get that top rated badge BUT when I check right now, IT FELL TO 91%! I JUST WANNA KNOW WHY! I assume it would go higher this months update since my recent feedbacks are all 5 stars. HEYLP! :/

nodarius
Nodarius D Member Since: Feb 9, 2014
6 of 14

Same has happened to me. it fell bellow 90%, even though I gained three 5 star ratings in this time and not a single dissatisfaction from a client, I believe it should have gone up. 

Can anybody explain why this happens? Maybe some mistake in calculation?

g_vasilevski
7 of 14

Hi Jorex,

Keep in mind that the private feedback is included in the calculation as well. As you mentioned if you have few 5star jobs that were not calculated in the latest update, your JSS will go up with the next update. 
You can read more details about how JSS is calculated on this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork
joewrecksdecoy
Ace Contributor
Jorex D Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
8 of 14

Oooookay. Private feedback like the one with 1-10 rating?

g_vasilevski
9 of 14

Hi Jorex,

Yes that is your private feedback. Clients have same option towards freelancers, just the fields and questions are a little bit different.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 14

@Jorex D wrote:

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

Earlier today I was so excited seeing my JSS at 95% and only a week away to get that top rated badge

No you're not, you're several hundred Dollars off the $ 1000 needed to qualify for top rated.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS