Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job spammers

kulpichev_slava
Ace Contributor
Slava K Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
1 of 4

Hi,

Just as an example: **edited for Community Guidelines**.
I bet he want to hire someone, 118 job posts for a couple of days with zero hire rate.

And I see such things more often each new month. Upwork, please, update your algos to find those spammers and close their accounts, because these spammers in fact steal contacts and time from elancers. I hope you're interested to stop them and make our job lists clean from such things.

The filtering algo could be as just a simple hit rate limit, let's say, 20-30 jobs per day.

Thanks.

ranbirrathore
Ranbir R Member Since: Jan 10, 2016
2 of 4

You are correct Slava, I also found few clients who only do spam. As a community what we can do is flag as inappropriate.  Upwork is great platform and they continuosuly making it better. But as a community its also our responsibility to make it better. 

kulpichev_slava
Ace Contributor
Slava K Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
3 of 4

I'm in doubts that flagging really works. I did it a lot of time, and It looks like ops from upwork's support/moderators begin to act only if something has a lot of flags. And the action in most cases is just a removing a post, without any "harm" to its producers. It's like a fight with consequences, not with the reason.

My suggestions:
 - make them pay high for extra job postings while daily limits were hit;

- create these limits to ease the searching work for elancers and save their time, connections and nerves;

- allow to post more than some one-time fixed limits only for payment-verified clients since the time they created its accounts, let's say - 10 jobs for each account: it should prevent them to create tons of posts because the ban by a card is most valuable thing for such clients if they intend to hire someone at the end.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Slava,

I'll check with the team about the job posting you have reported. They will take actions if it violates our Terms of Service.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS