Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job succes score percentage and reseting tokens from my Rising talent bonus

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 19

Dusan, it was the weekend and requests are dealt with in the order they come in. I agree you should have had a response but it's not that you are being ignored, it looks like they were innundated. Usually it is much quicker.

In most cases asking on the forum gets a faster response.

If you have sent the work to the client and have clicked on the "submit work / request payment" button the payment will be released to you after 14 days even if the client continues to not communicate.

If you haven't done so yet, please do so now.

As to why your JSS score is 90% and not 100% - that could be due to an old contract where no money was paid (if there was one) or because one or more of your clients left INTERNAL (private) feedback that was not quite perfect.

Asking support about it is relatively pointless, as they can not tell you who left what internal / private feedback.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dusan K Member Since: Nov 27, 2015
12 of 19

I've got response few minutes ago. I was just going to close this thread.

It's interesting that I've posted a question here about Rising Talent bonus tokens and someone said that they are definitely going to roll over. Smiley Very Happy

Apparently you can use them just during one cycle. It would be great that someone informed me about that in the email they sent me congratulating the Rising Talent badge.

And about the JSS, they ofc tried to justify that by telling me things I already knew, mentioning that they use their secret formula to calculate it. I had 6 jobs by now and all clients were extremely happy with the design solutions so I don't think that anyone left any negative internal feedback.

I guess that I'll have to live with it. Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, thank you, Petra, so much, your answers were so helpful.

Have a great day!

Highlighted
Community Guru
13 of 19

Dusan, my guess would be the lady who left you 4.8 - that was the one that jumped up and waved at me... Smiley Wink

You can't please all the people all the time, my best advice would be to IGNORE your JSS - continue doing the very best job you can for every client on every contract, and not get hung up on your JSS.

You can't go far wrong then!

Choose your clients carefully, check what feedback they left previous freelancers, avoid any with many jobs where they did not leave feedback, or were mean.

Go with your gut feeling. If you get a funny vibe at the interview stage, withdraw your application.

That strategy is working for me.

The one time I ignored it (I didn't take enough notice of the red flags that clearly outed a client as impossible to please at the interview stage) my JSS dropped 7% - It's back to 100% now - and I simply don't worry about it AT ALL.

If I do my best it simply won't ever drop too low for me to recover.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
14 of 19

haha I was thinking the same, but on the other hand, how a 4.8 of 5 rating can be bad and characterized as something that can lower the overall score by 10% Smiley Happy)

btw your profile is flawless, I should consider taking classes in Upworkology from you Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
15 of 19

@Dusan K wrote:

haha I was thinking the same, but on the other hand, how a 4.8 of 5 rating can be bad and characterized as something that can lower the overall score by 10% Smiley Happy)

btw your profile is flawless, I should consider taking classes in Upworkology from you Smiley Very Happy

Dusan, I understand, but as you only have a handful (+1) of contracts one affects you more than it would a freelancer with 25 recent contracts.

Carry on doing what you're doing, you're clearly on the right track, and it'll go up again.

My profile is anything BUT flawless,.....

My profile pic is not particularly professional, my portfolio is outdated and largely irrelevant, I have too many stupidly irrelevant test scores showing, my overview describes what I do when I have a bit of spare time in between working contracts that have absolutely nothing to do with what my profile says I do (Maybe 2% of my Upwork income comes from translations)

I don't bother with my profile as I have  55-60+ hours of available work on Upwork via my ongoing contracts per week, I don't need an impressive profile as I can't take on extra work.

Do as I say - don't do as I do Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
16 of 19

I definitely will!

Thank you once again!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
17 of 19

@Petra R wrote:

[…]

You can't please all the people all the time, my best advice would be to IGNORE your JSS - continue doing the very best job you can for every client on every contract, and not get hung up on your JSS. […]

For me, the best part of Petra's overall great advice.

Highlighted
Adhanet P Member Since: Mar 7, 2016
18 of 19

Somehow I think you could just buy one Smiley Wink My score rises and drops without any client interaction Smiley Very Happy its silly at this point..................... 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
19 of 19

@Adhanet K wrote:

Somehow I think you could just buy one Smiley Wink My score rises and drops without any client interaction Smiley Very Happy its silly at this point..................... 

Badges are earned not bought 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS