🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Jobs in the Feed?
Page options
hopp-kevin
Community Member

Jobs in the Feed?

Hello - has anyone else experienced the following?

• You click on a job that's in your feed, then realize they are looking for people in a different time zone and you think to yourself, why did Upwork put that in my feed when they know I'm not in their timezone?

• 50% of the jobs offered are related to a spam or scam?

• 75% of the jobs you see in your job feed or are offered do not fit your core skills?

Overall, the feeds do not work for me - I manually have to discover jobs. So, is it just me?

3 REPLIES 3
hopp-kevin
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

For example, this Best Match job is location specific and has nothing to do with my skillset. Best Match shouldn't be a tab if it doesn't work properly.

cyber_sec007
Community Member

You can easily define your parameters and save them into different searches. Then you just click on the saved search to see if there is anything new. The feed has its challenge yes...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063078-Search-for-Jobs

moonraker
Community Member

David Kevin H wrote:

• You click on a job that's in your feed, then realize they are looking for people in a different time zone and you think to yourself, why did Upwork put that in my feed when they know I'm not in their timezone?

I live in a different timezone to most of my clients, but I work a late shift so I work in their timezone.

I would be very annoyed if Upwork decided I should no longer see these jobs.

You need to bear in mind that there's a vast number of freelancers on the platform, from around the world, in different situations, and with different working habits. It would be rather myopic to expect everybody to work a standard 9-5 type routine.

It *might* work as an optional filter, but I think such a thing could be detrimental to both freelancers and clients.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members