🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Jobs showing that don't match skills and prof...
Page options
nahidhasan771
Community Member

Jobs showing that don't match skills and profile description.

Hello Upwork community‚

Recently my profile keeps coming up with jobs that don't match my skills. I have seen jobs from "Most Recent" but not a single job matches my skills and expertise. I am a "Logo and Brand Identity Designer" but Digital marketing‚ SEO...etc jobs are showing in my profile‚ why?

Please help me 😔

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your Job feed. Could you please try saving some searches? This should help populate your feed with the relevant jobs. You can try searching different skills applicable to your profile. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your Job feed. Could you please try saving some searches? This should help populate your feed with the relevant jobs. You can try searching different skills applicable to your profile. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much Pradeep 🙂

Many thanks

hi Pradeep! I am also struggling with the same problem from almost 1 month. In the "most recent" section, I'm seeing stuff that doesn't belong to me at all, which is causing me a lot of trouble getting new projects.
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063078-Search-for-Jobs - I did everything mentioned in this topic. "my feed" and "best matches" seem to be back to their previous state but still no change in "most recent". I also cleared the caches, but the problem was not resolved. Pls help me. . . 
thanks

Hi Bekhzod,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please be reminded that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched. However, if none is saved, it will be based on your categories.

You can set up a new Job Feed as described in that article you shared. You can remove your current saved search/jobs and set up a new one to fine-tune your job searches to show better results that match up with what you’re looking for. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
86d34f18
Community Member

I'll say again, I tried what you said, but the algorithm is working wrong

Hi Bekhzod,

I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps did not help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
86d34f18
Community Member

I'm so tired of pushing that button > Doesn't Match Skills

86d34f18
Community Member

86d34f18_0-1691042325657.png

86d34f18
Community Member

86d34f18_0-1691136721656.png

Hi Bekhzod,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members