cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a suggestion, would like to see Client ID before applying

Community Guru
Linda P Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
1 of 32

I would like to see the name of the client, or maybe client id, that is posting the job, prior to applying, instead of waiting until Invitations are received.

On another freelancing site, when jobs are posted, they list the name of persons posting them..

Example Posting from Another SIte

I'm not asking for Company Names..., Just the First Name and Last Initial, as in sample above, or even their posting id like "Posted by John 123 Oct23".

. . . .

Other than "United States" "Tallahasee", for example.

Example Client Post from Upwork.png

Just a suggestion.

Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
2 of 32

I'd like to see that option too. On another site I (was) on, we saw the client's username at least - which was usually something at least remotely related to their name.

Especially since it's encouraged that we address our clients by name in our proposals - that's pretty much impossible unless another freelancer has included the client's name in their feedback, and even then you have to know what you're looking for to find it.

- Barbara Herrera -
Community Guru
3 of 32

Yes, I agree.  

It would be nice to be able to add that personal touch to our proposals.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 32

No more changes please!!!! Every time they change something they break something else. If your that interested in the job then click on the link. They already give you a lot of information.

Ace Contributor
Meg E. T Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
5 of 32

Jean: Please understand that not all of us have or want to spend unlimited time to click, click, click only to find that there's some reason we won't be applying. Some reason that, had it been part of the snapshot in the main search screen, would have alerted us to skip that post and not waste time. The more information in the search results, the better....like we had on Elance. All the basic info such as client location, number of current proposals, budget, client name/username, posting date, time left. etc. The information is somewhere witin the post, all we need is for it to be displayed so that we can do our own pre-screening and put in quality time to craft good proposals for the projects that best fit our skills, interests, etc.

Community Guru
6 of 32

@Meg E. T wrote:

All the basic info such as client location, number of current proposals, budget, client name/username, posting date, time left. etc. 

All tha information is available when you hold your mouse over the word client.

Julia C Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
7 of 32

@Meg E. T wrote:

Jean: Please understand that not all of us have or want to spend unlimited time to click, click, click only to find that there's some reason we won't be applying. Some reason that, had it been part of the snapshot in the main search screen, would have alerted us to skip that post and not waste time. The more information in the search results, the better....like we had on Elance. All the basic info such as client location, number of current proposals, budget, client name/username, posting date, time left. etc. The information is somewhere witin the post, all we need is for it to be displayed so that we can do our own pre-screening and put in quality time to craft good proposals for the projects that best fit our skills, interests, etc.

Totally agreed! This is what we have proposed for some time already. Really liked the classy look of elance search result.

elance_project_summary.png

Community Guru
8 of 32

@Julia C wrote:

@Meg E. T wrote:

Totally agreed! This is what we have proposed for some time already. Really liked the classy look of elance search result.

I can't even read what is in that picture. What is wrong with the information you see below?

Client.jpg 

Community Guru
9 of 32

Jean, I understand what you are saying.

Yes, we can see a lot when we hover over the "$", in order to preview the client information.

I commend Upwork Upwork for that forethought, and appreciate being able to preview client info.

What is missing?  The point of the matter.  Like the Client ID, "John 123", "Marg Hi 5", etc... That's not to mention clients who call themselves "qwerty", "sdfgsg", "fgsdfgf", which I avoid like a plague, since they usually want to you to work outside of Upwork.

I have wasted too many bids, only to receive "Scam" Invitatons. I am not here to be "Scammed", I here to find "Work".

Besides, it "might help make it easier" for Upwork to screen some of these "So Called Clients", who post "Bogus" Jobs.

Julia C Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
10 of 32

@Jean S wrote:

@Julia C wrote:

@Meg E. T wrote:

I can't even read what is in that picture. What is wrong with the information you see below?

I purposely made the picture blurry. while at a quick glance, you can still gather the following information:

1. This is a US client (i don't have to mouse over in order to tell, or shall i say i can't even tell with mouse over for most of the clients on upwork?) - anyway, this is very important information for freelancers targeting clients from certain geolocation.

2. We have applied for this project (see the red flag?) - the fact why upwork doesn't keep the flag is still puzzling.

We work as agencies normally will big over 100 jobs (with additional purchased connects). The missing flag is really inconvenient to us ( do we really have to click into the job then realize we already applied for it?)

3. There are 77 bids (or applications) - in most case, if i see this up front (before i even bid on it) , i will NOT bid on it just to throw 2 connects into the sink...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS