🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Load more replies in the same page (New Commu...
Page options
creativedigit
Community Member

Load more replies in the same page (New Community Layout)

If you are a fan of seeing the replies on the same page as the old interface, I built a Chrome Extension for that. All you have to do is to install the Chrome Extension from the link below (Needs to have Chrome, then click "Add to Chrome").

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/upwork-community-load-mor/gjmngalagkdipkalibdbnfpjaiacdimd

Instructions: when you hit the bottom of the page (all the way down), a new set of replies (if available) will be appended after the last reply you had on that page, all without a refresh and while keeping the previous replies on the same page.

I created a short video explanation of how this works which you can check below. I hope this helps.

10 REPLIES 10
StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice!

We honestly got rid of it as there was so much negative feedback towards it (and most our own team hated it).  We'll see how quickly we can add it in as a setting in your profile.  Pretty sure we just display:none'ed it out of existence as it's baked into the threaded view our platform provides for the message feed!

Thanks, Stan. I understand it's a personal preference. I like to see things on one page, and loading too many replies at once might be problematic so I preferred this solution. It will be nice to have this as an option in the settings.

Stan, I just noticed that when you click on the username, it takes us to the About page, and it shows the USERID there instead of the First name and Initial on the Last name. 

This was a hot discussion a few months ago on the forum, too many people have their last names in their userID, and in the older version, the USERID was being displayed briefly while the page loaded. Most users did not like that and I also feel you did not intend to show USERID on the about page! 

I wanted to highlight this! 

ashrafkhan81_1-1650485619925.png

Yep, we should have it fixed soon.  We're keeping a list of issues & updates here

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

That's wonderful, Wassim! 

I have added the extension to my Edge browser, and it works just fine. 

Glad this is beneficial to you, Ashraf!

voiceovervandeen
Community Member

Thanks, working well on Linux too

Chromium Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)

You're welcome, Garry!

a_lipsey
Community Member

Wassim, did they put you payroll yet?

Meanwhile Upwork, the best we can do is a coffee mug and a flask! 

images (1).jpeg

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members