cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Suddenly Inaccurate

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
41 of 102

Hi Joey, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with this issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Amanda B Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
42 of 102

Anyone else annoyed that this hasn't been taken care of yet? I got a message from the Upwork Help Center on Dec. 21st saying they were looking into the issue, a week later on Dec. 28th I sent an email asking for an update, and was told that it's "being worked on" by their technical support team. For nearly two weeks?? I'm worried that I will miss out on contracts. Not happy right now.

Patricia R Member Since: Jan 2, 2019
43 of 102

I’m getting a message that I don’t meet the U.S. location criteria for submitting a proposal, but I am in the U.S. I wasn’t asked to verify my U.S. location when creating my profile.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
44 of 102

Hi Patricia, 

Please know that this is a known issue, and the team is working to resolve it. I will share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you through an email and update you on the status of the issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Ryan A D Member Since: Jan 4, 2019
45 of 102

Hi,

Having a similar issue - except that yesterday I successfully did complete the ID verification process.

While attempting to submit a proposal, I received an error indicating I am not located in the US.

Please advise.

Thanks!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Barbra B Member Since: Oct 25, 2018
46 of 102

I am trying to bid on jobs, however I keep getting a notice that I do not meet the criteria of residing in the United States. I have a Norfolk, VA address, well within the boundaries of the Unites States by anyone's definition.
How do I change this? 

47 of 102

Bumping this post. I need an answer. Time is money. 

Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
48 of 102

Reset your IP and contact customer service.

49 of 102

My IP shows me in the US. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
50 of 102

Hi Barbra and Ryan A,

I understand your concern and while our team is working on fixing the issue, I'd like to clarify that these errors don't show on the client's side. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS