cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Suddenly Inaccurate

Patricia R Member Since: Jan 2, 2019
41 of 100

I’m getting a message that I don’t meet the U.S. location criteria for submitting a proposal, but I am in the U.S. I wasn’t asked to verify my U.S. location when creating my profile.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
42 of 100

Hi Patricia, 

Please know that this is a known issue, and the team is working to resolve it. I will share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you through an email and update you on the status of the issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Ryan A D Member Since: Jan 4, 2019
43 of 100

Hi,

Having a similar issue - except that yesterday I successfully did complete the ID verification process.

While attempting to submit a proposal, I received an error indicating I am not located in the US.

Please advise.

Thanks!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Barbra B Member Since: Oct 25, 2018
44 of 100

I am trying to bid on jobs, however I keep getting a notice that I do not meet the criteria of residing in the United States. I have a Norfolk, VA address, well within the boundaries of the Unites States by anyone's definition.
How do I change this? 

45 of 100

Bumping this post. I need an answer. Time is money. 

Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
46 of 100

Reset your IP and contact customer service.

47 of 100

My IP shows me in the US. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
48 of 100

Hi Barbra and Ryan A,

I understand your concern and while our team is working on fixing the issue, I'd like to clarify that these errors don't show on the client's side. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
49 of 100

They don't show on the other side? This is the text of the message:
"You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria: Location: United States"

Thomas S Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
50 of 100

Hello.  I was in the process of applying for a job on Upwork as a freelancer and I'm getting a message that says that the prospective client has requested a freelancer living in the US and I don't meet the criterium.  Did Minnesota withdraw from the union and I'm unaware of it?  (sarcasm)   Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem.  I've been on Upwork for over 5 years and never had this problem before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS