cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Carmen C Member Since: May 16, 2020
71 of 1,754

That is a horrible feature! Some people cannot earn every month, no matter how much proposals they send. Upwork is becoming more and more bureaucratic.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
72 of 1,754

Hi Carmen,

If you are an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more, your profile visibility will automatically change from public to private. 

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will also change to private. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Julie Ann C Member Since: May 24, 2020
73 of 1,754

My account was set up as private. I submitted  a propasal. Can the client still see my profile?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
74 of 1,754

Hi Julie,

When your profile is set to private, it won't show up on freelancer search results. However, clients that you submit proposals to, will still be able to see your profile even if it's set to private. You can check this help article to learn more. Would you like us to change your profile visibility back to public?

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
Rodney John Q Member Since: Feb 7, 2019
75 of 1,754

Hi Goran, 

As I can see that you are doing a great job! My profile was set to private as well since I don't have any client(s) for a period of time. Can you help me reset my profile visibility as well?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
76 of 1,754

Hi Rodney,

Your visibility is back to public, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Md. Hamidur R Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
77 of 1,754

My profile was set to private as well since I don't have any client(s). Can you help me reset my profile visibility as well?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
78 of 1,754

Hi Md. Hamidur,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Keep in mind that freelancers are hidden from the search results but clients to whom you have submitted proposals will be able to view your profile.

You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Amir A Member Since: Jun 29, 2019
79 of 1,754

Hello I am Amir Ali

my profile has been locked please make it visible again

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
80 of 1,754

Hi Amir,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS