cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connects due to unresponsive client

Jawid D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 14

Hello,

Kindly advise on the maximum amount of time a client should take to respond to a proposal.

Because we tend to lose connects on client who are unresponsive to their job posting.

I believe we should be able to get back our connect if a client does not respond to his/her job posting within a proper time frame.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Jawid

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 14

This has been discussed here innumerous times.

It is completely upto you to use the connects wisely. If you are running a shop in a rental building and if the clients come and go without purchasing anything, will you go and ask your landlord to refund the rent?

3 of 14

Thank you for the response.

You got a point.

But i believe a client should be given a deadline to respond to a job posting or simply close the job if he/she believes it is of no use to his interest.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
4 of 14

Some cients do cancel their jobs and the connects are refunded. Check your "connects history", you may have been refunded some.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 14

Jawid = You do get back your connects but only if the job is closed by Upwork because of a violation of some sort. 

Your connects here is just what it's name means. It allows you to connect to clients in order to offer your services. Think of it as equal to what it would take to "connect" to a job in the real world. You would pay expenses to buy ink to print out a resume, envelopes and stamps to mail that resume. Gas/bus/taxi to get to the job, and perhaps the time and effort to wash and dry the clothes you would wear (or even the expense of buying a new outfit) There's no guarantee that the job you're applying for will be filled. The budget for that job may be taken away/dirverted to something else. The position may be filled by in-house workers, or the company may go bankrupt or close unexpectedly. 

If you look at your connects as a way to market your services, you may think differerntly. And if you are running out of connects before they are replenished, perhaps you need to pick more wisely or carefully the jobs you send proposals/cover letters to. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 14

@Kathy T wrote:

Jawid = You do get back your connects but only if the job is closed by Upwork because of a violation of some sort. 

Kathy, you also get your connects back if the client cancels the job.  

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
7 of 14

@Nichola L wrote:

@Kathy T wrote:

Kathy, you also get your connects back if the client cancels the job.  

Nichola - I didn't remember if it was that the client Cancels the job or Closes the job so I didn't want to mention that and pick the wrong response. 

Community Leader
Milan R Member Since: Jul 20, 2016
8 of 14

Hi,

Same experience. More than 50% clients here are unresponsive. UpWork should take their responsability and remove posted jobs in some frame tame. Or put the deadline for hiring.

Cheers! 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 14

@Milan R wrote:

Hi,

Same experience. More than 50% clients here are unresponsive. UpWork should take their responsability and remove posted jobs in some frame tame. Or put the deadline for hiring.

Cheers! 

I'm not sure where you get your data--you must have invested a great deal of time in reviewing all of the tens of thousands of jobs posted each month and counting up which do and do not have responses.

The bottom line is that Upwork is not going to change its successful business model to suit you. Your time would be better spent trying to figure out how to make the system profitable for you (or to find another means of cultivating clients that is profitable for you) than in trying to find ways you think Upwork should change to accommodate you.

10 of 14

Thank you..Do i get my connects back if i withdraw my applications?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS