Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
11 of 18

And it happened again....bad.JPG

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
12 of 18

This here should be priority to fix before anything else.

It is not important just for individuals affected by this. It is important for this platform.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
13 of 18

Thanks Nat,

Even my client said he didn't receive any of my messages either and said the Upwork messaging system sucks.

Sigh

Highlighted
Hannah C Member Since: May 6, 2015
14 of 18

It defies belief that Upwork do not seem bothered about this. I now have clients complaining to me about Upwork on a daily basis. Since the switch to Upwork, almost EVERY new contract has begun with the client asking to communicate via private email as they "cannot rely on Upwork messages" or "find the interface impossible to navigate, wish Elance was still available". (direct quotes). This is not a few freelancers getting taken down as collaterral damage in the grand Upwork experiment. This is the platform's reputation getting destroyed.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Arens M Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
15 of 18

You are lucky to get invitations. I don't get any at all.
It is so annoying. Upwork contacted me and said they will put my profile on main page of developers category because of my high standarts but I have not seen any invites yet. 

I would love some invites but nothing coming Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
16 of 18

I've sent a message to a contact at Upwork HQ and haven't heard much yet. I think She's swamped with other things and this probably isn't her territory either. I'm trying to track down someone within Upwork to address this, without just calling with a complaint to a general customer service rep. Trying to get a trusted contact to give a referral to someone who can actually talk to us about this issue directly

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
17 of 18

Just happened to me again-this is unbelievable!

Luckily, this client has my email address so he emailed me to ask me why I am not responding to his message.

Again-no message received using both old and new message system.

Again-messages from some clients received during this period and from some clients not(even worse because I am not aware that something is wrong!)

Again-not speaking about notifications here (can work my way around that by checking the inbox directly) but  I am speaking about messages!!!

I seriously hope you 'll get it together sometime soon and stop directing people to use the alternate modes of communication (which you do by having this dysfunctional system.) It is so d-rm unprofessional and trust me, it reflects more on you than it does on any individual freelancer. If I have to use apps and phones, and tunes, and satellite dishes to communicate with my client, fine. But then, the question is -why I should use your site? 

I mean, if it doesn't provide me with this essential functionality.

Please forget for a moment  about apps, and mobiles and androids and other "innovative"  modes of communication and a 3-minute hiring process. Just please go back to basics-that is, having a system that works. That 'll we be enough.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
18 of 18

Got an invite for a gig on Friday. Sent customer a message Friday night to set up phone call. Customer messaged me on Monday to ask if I could talk on Tuesday.

Got message on Thursday. 

I'm a little annoyed.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS