🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low JSS
Page options
Mustafa A Community Member

Low JSS

Hello, I was working on Upwork for about 2 months, having my clients satisfied with my work and giving me either 4.5, 4.7, or even 5 stars and awesome feedback, and all the work was done completely, when my JSS appeared it is 77%. How did this happen?

Additional notes:

- All contracts ended successfully when they offer me and I accept them, but not all of the interviews or invitations ended up being contracts or offers, Does this affect me?

- How can I overcome this problem as it destroyed my profile, reaching out to new clients became hard (I only have two long term clients, who came before this problem, how can I harness them to overcome the problem)

Thanks in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

661 REPLIES 661
Ryotaro K Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

I understand.

Thank you for your reply.

Singcerely,

Ryotaro.

Md Ariful H Community Member

Hello community! I had 100% job sucesss rate in my first two completed jobs, where I got 5 star ratings with good reviews.

I have two in progress project.
Now, I am seeing that my JSS is 71%, is there anything wrong? I would like to know...

Ana T Community Member

Try to send a message to ''Help and Support'' , something may be wrong. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Md Ariful,

I understand that you're disappointed by your score decline, but please be advised that we are unable to provide feedback on individual scores or the specific influence of contracts on them. Numerous factors, including private and public feedback, the monetary value of completed projects, and the duration of client relationships, contribute to your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

- Pradeep
Zeeshan A Community Member

My JSS Is calculated Wrong. As i have all rating of 5 my JSS was 100 and it dropped to 67 ??

Muhammad A Community Member

The total 5 star rating I have on my profile is 9 out of 11 in to completed jobs 

the other ratings are 4.85 and 4.45(which I got recently) 

but according to the calculations it is not possible that JSS can be dropped by 12% I want to know how this happened 

I my rising talent badge is removed as well, There was 6 7 days left in getting the top rated badge on my profile and this happened

Can someone please help 

Earning from 5 star rating = $211
Earning from 4.45 rating = $60
Earning from 4.85 rating = $25

Lilit P Community Member

Hello Muhammad. 

The JSS dropped because you're receiving both - public score and private one. 

So the dropping JSS is reason may be the private feedbacks, that we can't see. 

I would recommend you to contract to the Upwork official support. To see if the feedback removal feature available for your profile or it is only for Top Rated freelancers ( I don't remember this ). If so, you can ask to remove one of the private or full feedbacks. 

If no, then you just need to continue doing great job and earning 5 stars by clients in both private and public feedbacks. 

I hope this helps. 

Muhammad A Community Member

Hi Lilit, 
I understand the private feedback also matters but I had 9 positive fedbacks before that so including this I have 10 reviews and 9/10 are positive and lets just say for an example the client gave me 1/10 private feedback (which I think is not possible) than my jss should be 90. Upwork is very unfair with this, I single client ruined my profile 

Jeanne H Community Member

There is no way for you to know who gave you what private score.

Yes, you can tell if you have only one job recently finished and the score dropped.

88% is not a ruined score. I understand you are upset, but you need to see if there was anything you could have done to make the situation better with the angry client. Learn from the experience.

You can recover from the score and be back to top rated; plenty of people have recovered from worse. I see people with terrible JSS getting hired, albeit for dirt cheap jobs.

Upwork had nothing to do with your angry client. You do not know if it was one client or more than one. You don't know anything about the private feedback; none of us know anything about the private feedback, except that it heavily impacts the JSS.

The JSS system is not perfect. However, there has to some way to separate freelancers. The private feedback is the only metric that can't be easily manipulated. Freelancing means you are on your own. You can't expect Upwork or any platform to argue with the client's opinion.

Take this as a lesson learned, and see if you can prevent it. If not, then forget it. In either case, put it behind you and move on.

Jeanne H Community Member

Do not have people contact Support when it's a simple matter to find the answer.

The answer is only Top Rated  freelancers can remove the public feedback.

Muhammad S Community Member

Hey everyone,

I faced a strange situation on Upwork for the first time. I completed the client's work in three milestones, but at the end, the client gave me negative feedback even though more than 80% of the work was done, and they had released 50% of the payment. Now, the client keeps asking for a refund. Since I've already done most of the work, I don't think a refund is necessary. However, I'm worried about how this might affect my profile and Job Success Score (JSS). If I refund the money, will it still affect my profile and JSS,  I need your experience have you faced this situation? and how you resolve this issue. Can you also confirm if refunding the money will not affect my JSS and profile?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

I understand that you are concerned about the effects of a refund on your JSS. Please know that refunding doesn't directly affect your score. Job Success Scores reflect many factors, such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

I can see that you've also submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Md Harun O Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

My JSS has not been updated for the last 4 weeks, even though I have completed several projects. My stats show a recent date under JSS, but it hasn't been updated. 17th March my JSS updated to 88% and still 88%

Muhammad B Community Member

Hi. i i had received 2 orders with 5 star rating more than 2 weeks ago still my JSS score didn't improved. Can you please let me know how JSS score actually improved. ?

And what is requirements of Top rated badge?

Thanks

Md Jweel M Community Member

my job sucess score right now 88%, so i will comeplte a very big project on 9th apr alsmot 2K$ in 3 month long trum contract, now i am hopeing thing big long project can help to incress my score so i up 90% and then i am eliable for top rated, but still i am waiting 14th day my job will end 9th apr still job sucess score are not improved , whats the issue can you please tell me ? why it's not improved

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jweel,

I'm sorry if no changes were made to your score as you expected. Please allow me to explain. We update the score that you see on your profile on a biweekly basis. You may also see your Job Success score change due to the rolling time window over which the score is calculated.

Because your score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is six months and one day old. Check out this help article to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Kathryn U Community Member

Hello,

I recently had a bad experience with a client and as a result by job success score is 76%. I am now worried I will not find new clients with this score. Has anyone experienced something similar and have any suggestions? Will I still be able to get new clients? How bad in reality is a 76?

Kulsoom S Community Member

Hi, It has been more than 2 months since my jss is not updating although I have completed jobs with 5 star reviews. When was my last score updated and when is it updating?

William T C Community Member

Your JSS is 89%.

Upwork places the best JSS at the 6, 12, and 24 month marks, therefore 89% is your best and is updated.

Kulsoom S Community Member

I know my JSS is 89% but when it was updated and when it is updating, I don't see the date when it was updated. 

Zubair A Community Member

Why my success score did not increase, I received two feedbacks 

Ibuanuoluwa O Community Member

Just checking if this is unique to me or anyone else is experiencing this...

I understand how JSS works, but for over a month mine has been stuck on 96% and has not gone up or down. In this same period, I have received 4, 5-star reviews and every other week I check to see an update to my JSS but absolutely nothing! It hasn't gone up or even down by 1%

I waited before coming to this conclusion so please inspect it yourself. I understand JSS works as an average of bla bla bla, and I also understand private reviews could vary from public, so even imagine I got bad private reviews from my last 4 clients, I would still expect some sort of downward movement at least?? But na, literally just static!

Tomislav S Community Member

Hi, Pradeep.
Thank you for your kind response. Can I ask one more question?
My JSS suddenly dropped from a perfect 100% to 94%.
We have received great reviews from my customers and no jobs have been cancelled.
I can't understand why this happened?
Can you explain the reason?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Tomislav,

I’m sorry to hear about your score drop, but we're afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

- Pradeep
Nujhat N Community Member

Why my Job Success Score (JSS) not updated till now? 

How often is job success score calculated?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members