🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Many 5-star reviews but clients who would rec...
Page options
seun0z
Community Member

Many 5-star reviews but clients who would recommend you percentage and JSS keep dropping

Hello there,

I had many recent 5-star reviews before the last JSS update, and I was expecting a rise from 94% to maybe 96%, but to my surprise, it went down to 92%. When I checked my Clients Who Would Recommend You percentage, it has also dropped from 81% to 79%. Before all this reduction began, I was actually at 98%, and my clients who would recommend you rate was at 84%. What I noticed since this has started is that I have been receiving steady invitations lately, since I turned my online status on. And almost all of them were from new clients who knew very little about how Upwork works. Some did not even know how to give reviews; I had to do some explanation to help them. Now here is my question: If it is possible to omit recommending a freelancer on Upwork and just go ahead to give reviews, could this be what has happened? What do I do? How can Support help me with this? Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Edunjobi O wrote:

Okay, thanks. But I just don't understand why this is happening. I believe if a person is happy with your job and then rates you 5-star, they should be able to recommend you also.

Clients have been harassed, bothered, begged, blackmailed for 5 star feedback, so most just give 5 stars public feedback by default unless the job was truly horrific, and only give honest feedback in private feedback.

Edunjobi O wrote:

I was just trying to say could it be that a client forgot to recommend or didn't see it and just proceeded to give a review.

That is not possible. It means that is the private feedback from the clients who left private feedback.

Edunjobi O wrote:

Also, if I start turning down invitations, will it have any adverse effect on my JSS?

No.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If it is possible to omit recommending a freelancer on Upwork and just go ahead to give reviews, could this be what has happened?"

No. That is not an option.

re: "What do I do?"

Do your best to identify jobs you are completely qualified for, and strive to provide the best possible service to clients.

re: "How can Support help me with this?"

Customer Support can not help you with this. Please do not contact them about this matter.

Okay, thanks. But I just don't understand why this is happening. I believe if a person is happy with your job and then rates you 5-star, they should be able to recommend you also. Concerning my first question, to make it clearer, I was just trying to say could it be that a client forgot to recommend or didn't see it and just proceeded to give a review.

Also, if I start turning down invitations, will it have any adverse effect on my JSS? Thanks in advance.

petra_r
Community Member

Edunjobi O wrote:

Okay, thanks. But I just don't understand why this is happening. I believe if a person is happy with your job and then rates you 5-star, they should be able to recommend you also.

Clients have been harassed, bothered, begged, blackmailed for 5 star feedback, so most just give 5 stars public feedback by default unless the job was truly horrific, and only give honest feedback in private feedback.

Edunjobi O wrote:

I was just trying to say could it be that a client forgot to recommend or didn't see it and just proceeded to give a review.

That is not possible. It means that is the private feedback from the clients who left private feedback.

Edunjobi O wrote:

Also, if I start turning down invitations, will it have any adverse effect on my JSS?

No.

seun0z
Community Member

Hi Petra, of course I know it's wrong to ask for 5 star feedback from a client. I have never and would never do that. And thanks for answering my question about invitations.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members