🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Meditation suggested to go to the AAA for a 2...
Page options
mukhles_shataly
Community Member

Meditation suggested to go to the AAA for a 200$ disputed money

Hi,

I have a dispute for a certain client for a fixed price of 200$ for a milestone, the client wanted to get them from the ESCROW, because as he said the submission was not completed, however, there is another milestone inside the contract for the final submission, but the client wanted to receive the full work without activation any milestones, I filed a dispute to Upwork and the meitation strangely tended to the side of this client, I do not know why, the client refused any solutions and he wanted to go the AAA as the meditation suggested in case we have not reached to an agreement, but the surprise is the fees are 291$ to pay from each side? Seriously???!! Do I have to pay 291$ for getting 160 $ (after the 20% of Upwork service)?? otherwise the money will be go to the client, not me!!!! Do you have any clarifications or suggestions, it is a strange situation, since this is clear, the client recived work and he did not want to pay, the excuse the work is not completed, how can I do in this situation, and Is there any feedback in order to avoid the same situation?
I attached an image for the contract and the milestones for more information.
Let me know your suggestions, Guys !!! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mukhles E wrote:

The client is bluffing... If you pay the arbitration fee (or even just declare your intention to do so), the client will almost certainly pull out, as they can only lose. CONFIDENTLY declare that you want to go ahead with arbitration. If you pay the arbitration fee and the client does not (and it would make NO sense for the client to pay, because the second you pay the arbitration fee, the client can only lose money), you get your arbitration fee back and also the funds in escrow. 

So provided you can afford to pay the arbitration fee, you will very likely walk away with both the arbitration fee and the amount in escrow. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Without knowing the full story, it looks as if your client is relying on your backing away from arbitration. Is he just threatening you, or has he already started the arbitration process? 

NikolaS

Hi Mukhles,

I'm sorry to hear you the dispute wasn't resolved to your satisfaction. It looks like you have an open ticket with our Dispute team about this dispute.

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. I will also follow up with the team about your case.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mukhles E wrote:

The client is bluffing... If you pay the arbitration fee (or even just declare your intention to do so), the client will almost certainly pull out, as they can only lose. CONFIDENTLY declare that you want to go ahead with arbitration. If you pay the arbitration fee and the client does not (and it would make NO sense for the client to pay, because the second you pay the arbitration fee, the client can only lose money), you get your arbitration fee back and also the funds in escrow. 

So provided you can afford to pay the arbitration fee, you will very likely walk away with both the arbitration fee and the amount in escrow. 

mukhles_shataly
Community Member

Thank a lot Petra, that's exactly what I am looking for.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members