🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Meeting with clients
Page options
p_kumar_mondal
Community Member

Meeting with clients

Occasionally clients arrange meetings on calendly before hiring. Is it safe for us?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

No, because that requires sharing of contact information which will get your account suspended if (when) you're caught.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

No, because that requires sharing of contact information which will get your account suspended if (when) you're caught.

9f0fd9f1
Community Member

Hi,

I am a newbie here. I got an interview invite from a client (my first one) and he sent a link of calendly to schedule a meeting. As I have not used calendly before and I am new here, I have scheduled a meeting through it with client unknowingly that Calendly is not allowed. I dont want any harm to my account as I did it by mistake, what should I do now?

Need assistance and proper guidance.

Hi Karim,

Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may also want to check this help article for more information about the meeting scheduling tool available on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
11785d88
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Eine robuste Pergola, die für den langfristigen Gebrauch im Garten geeignet ist, zeichnet die hochwertigen Produkt von deinepergola.de aus. Mit ihrem eleganten Design verbindet sie Funktionalität mit ästhetischem Anspruch. Hergestellt aus strapazierfähigem Schmiedeeisen und filigranen Strukturen, stellt sie ein herausragendes Gestaltungselement für Ihr Grundstück dar.

Thanks for your help. That worked for me!

p_kumar_mondal
Community Member

Thanks, Petra

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Prosanta,

There are clear exceptions to Upwork's rule regarding not sharing contact information prior to having a contract in place with a potential client:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051749534-Keeping-your-contact-information-safe

Be careful. I'd guess the most commonly used exception is sharing information in order to execute a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), but maybe that's just my experience. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members