cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Elance features

Chris C Member Since: Jun 9, 2015
1 of 13

Hello

Having recently migrated from Elance (as promoted by Upwork), I find a number of annoying differences in the job listings. Most notably:

• No country of origin on main listings page (only in a popup)
  • No $ bid range
  • No countries of origin of applicants

These are all things that I find extremely useful in Elance, and very frustrating in their omission.

Can someone tell me if these are deliberate omissions, or on a fix list somewhere?

Thanks, Chris.

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
2 of 13

Are you a client or a freelancer? If you're a freelancer, I can probably help, but if you are a client - not so much.

3 of 13

Hi Lyam

I'm a freelancer.

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
4 of 13

Ahh ok.

I don't think the country of origin for clients is shown. I think they just list where they were residing at the time of creating their account. 

The average bid range used to be shown before the Connect system was launched. I believe if you upgrade membership, you can view the average bid range, but I --like many others-- don't find this useful since I'm stubborn with my bids.

Hope this helps...somewhat!

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 13

I have noticed that (even though I am on a basic membership) I can still see the bid range on my iPad... seems to be a bug?

It is not visible on other appliances, though.

6 of 13

Thanks for the tips guys. Have upgraded and can now see bid ranges. Great!

Yeasmin S Member Since: Jun 9, 2015
7 of 13

yes, i am a freelancer

Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
8 of 13

I just had an Elance job approved this morning, and you know what the really great feature is? Got the money right away, no five day wait. And the fees are lower too, about 8% instead of ten.

Joao C Member Since: Aug 4, 2015
9 of 13

Hello,

I'm a new Upwork user that started in Elance.

I'm an Audio Engineer and sometimes I have to work with some heavy files. I would like to know why we can't upload a file bigger than 5 mb in our prorposals? To achieve the best quality possible in our projects and to show to our future clients 5mb is not enough.

Is this going to change?

All the Best

JCruz

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 13

Hi Joao,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us. I will forward it to the team. We are working on improving the current system and considering implemening various features that are available on Elance here on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS