5c6259ca

More than hourly limit, 24/7 VA

Hi, so i just got a job as a vitual assistant and the weekly hour limit is 2 hours, i just started and my client has just sent me a number of task i dont think i will be able to complete in just 2 hours and tells me that once the hour limit is completed i still need to check the website regularly on their site to see whats new
3 REPLIES 3
petra_r

Talk to the client.

You don't get paid for any time you log in excess of the weekly limt, so tell the client to increase the weekly limit.

Take Petra's advice.

Keep this posted on your wall.  "DO NOT - EVER NEVER - WORK ON HOURLY JOBS THAT YOU CAN'T FINISH IN TIME ALLOCATED.  UNLESS YOU HAVE RELATIONSHIP GOING WITH THE CLIENT, DO NOT TRUST THEIR STORY OR EXCUSES"

Always make sure that the payment for hours are verified.  Always use Upwork's time tracker with all the optional and required annotation - no manual time even if client says so.

tlsanders

Ask the client whether he would like you to stop working and leave the remaining tasks for the next week when you reach the limit, or whether he would like to raise the limit so that you can continue with the tasks. Present those clearly as the only two options and let him choose.