🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client Found Out that They Were Charged Tw...
Page options
chelle514
Community Member

My Client Found Out that They Were Charged Twice for Hourly and Salary Pay

Hello,

My client asked me to refund all the doubled amount (which I had no nothing about)  out from the pays I have been receiving since the beginning of my contract.

Originally, they had me in 16hours/week limitations and changed my contract to 20hours/week limitations. They found out that they are being charged $240/week and another $300/week for an updated contract. And I didn't realize that as well as I normally check the available ones every week and I can only see a single pay which is $240. Now my client asked for those refunds and they Paused my contract with them.

They said they'll open a clean new contract once I refunded all of it. Now my case is that, I pressed on refund thrice out from the messages I received for each weekending they are requesting for refund for and left my Available Balance In Negative. How can I pay them at this point?

I am attaching my transactions history from the date they hired me. Please help me  😞
2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Rochelle,

It looks like your client has set up a weekly recurring payment. The client is invoiced this amount each week in addition to the billable hours in your Work Diary. You can check this help article for more information. I can see that one of our agents is also assisting you directly via a support ticket. Please check this ticket number: 29824178, and feel free to respond to the ticket so our team can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. This is very helpful to me.

Just in case I got another job on Upwork or my client gets me a new clean contract, can I use those funds that I'll be earning to pay for the remaining amount? This was a six-week pay without me even noticing and the amount is huge for me to send rates in Dollar amount.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members