🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client want to re-contract the job. Will i...
Page options
359f878d
Community Member

My client want to re-contract the job. Will it affect my profile?

Hello beautiful people,

I accepted a contract on Dec 4, it was a $450 contract, and the last milestone is Dec 30. Today my dear client message me "I actually just got a new business credit card, is it okay if I end this contract and refund the money to escrow, and then resend you the contract using the new credit card?" Now he sends me the same new contract before and wants to end the previous contract. My question is that, will it be okay for me? Will it affect my profile? He also said that he will give me 5 stars rating on my previous contract. 

Please answer me urgently, I'm a new freelancer and I'm very confused. 
Thanks in advance for your help. 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Y wrote:

Today my dear client message me "I actually just got a new business credit card, is it okay if I end this contract and refund the money to escrow, and then resend you the contract using the new credit card?" 

ONLY if you are first paid for the portion of the work you have done so far. For example, if you have done 40% of the money, ask for 40% of the money to be released. This will not charge the client's credit card, as the client was already charged when they created the contract. 

Otherwise the client can theoretically just walk away and you've worked 10 days for free, and a 5 star feedback on a contract with nothing paid will not be visible and doesn't count at all.

The only other option I'd accept would be for the client to make the offer for the new contract, fully funded, first and then you accept it, and the you end the old contract. That will send the escrow funds back to the client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members