🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » My profile isn't active somehow (long inactiv...
Page options
grafixidea
Community Member

My profile isn't active somehow (long inactivity time, grayed out submit, no JSS ..etc)

Hi,

I have my freelancer account since it was oDesk, and completed many jobs few years ago. I wasn't active for few years now and would like to start working again on upwork.

I noticed many changes since it was oDesk, for examle Job Success Score, I don't have this in my profile, as well as Rising talent status.

I also have the submit proposal button grayed out and noticed that I'm not qualified for most of that job because of "JSS" and "raising talet" requirements.

I know I need to update a lot of info in my profile (which is 100% complete now but has outdated info).

Can you guide me what I'm missing or what I need to do to sord these things out? I searched for similar cases and found that maybe for my long inactivity time, upwork staff need to activate or reinstate my account or profile.

Really apreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ashraf

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmed,

Regarding your first concern, I just sent you a PM with more details.
Regarding your second one, you can use the advance filters to save a job search result that best fits in for your preference. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Ahmed,

I just checked your account and I could see that our team reached out to you. Once you comply with our team representative's request, your account will be resumed. You will be able to submit proposals again. You may read this article to help you learn more about JSS and Top Rated badge. Thank you!

Untitled

Hi Ryan,

The only request I got is to login again to my account to set it back to public. Ok this is done, but I still can't submit proposals. Not sure if this is due to not qualified (JSS scroe ..etc). If so, then how I can find jobs I'm qualified to? I mean no search filters foe example?

And regarding the JSS score, I read the article but I already have made  a number of jobs few years ago, aren't they count?

I appreciat your help.

Hi Ahmed,

Job success score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows. For more information please refer to the article Ryan shared above. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your reply Goran,

OK I got it. But still has 2 issues:

- Why my submit proposal still grayed out? What should I do?

- Is there any way (ex. search filter) to show only the jobs I'm qualified to? Something other than opening each job description to see if it match my qualifications or not?

Thank you!

Hi Ahmed,

Regarding your first concern, I just sent you a PM with more details.
Regarding your second one, you can use the advance filters to save a job search result that best fits in for your preference. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

OK, thanks!

curt-trump
Community Member

how do you "sord" things out?

Hi Curt, 

It looks like you need to verify your phone number. Were you going through any specific issues?

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths