cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My profile was not showing on applicants list even on hidden tab of the client.

Highlighted
Simon W Member Since: Nov 7, 2014
21 of 53

I have the same exact issue. I asked to my client to post job and i applied. my application not appeared in list nor in hidden tab. its almost 2 days but i am no where exist. i reapplied and system said i have already applied. if i applied then where is my application in list? Odesk is frustrating me, i have seen my 2 month app applications and i am surprised i was not in list. thats why, i have no project since a year on odesk. Not good for old odesk provider.

Highlighted
Simon W Member Since: Nov 7, 2014
22 of 53

i have same problem since many month. i was worried why i am not getting response. today i came to know my name is not in list. Very harmful algorithm, they will get down all skill full and experience people by this. Please solve it on urgent bases other wise stop that algorithm.

Highlighted
Sajid H Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
23 of 53

Same thing with me, this algorithm of short list should be stop.

Highlighted
Khanh N Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
24 of 53

I don't have any disputes with client. I just got the message from odesk support, He said: "This is by design and is not a technical issue."

The reason your applications have been reduced in visibility in applicant lists is because we have reviewed your account and found that there have been higher than normal instances of bad client experiences when compared to the average freelancer. As a result, your applications have either ranked lower than applications from other freelancers, separated into the Hidden tab, or completely hidden.

Currently, your previous clients can still rehire you. However, even if you apply to jobs posted by previous clients, your applications will still be limited in their visibility. This is by design and is not a technical issue.

We do review user accounts periodically and in order for your applications to once again rank highly, you must perform to the best of your abilities and make sure you satisfy all your client's expectations for a job while minimizing bad client experiences such as disputes, refunds, or simply ending a contract before any work has been submitted.

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
25 of 53

That seems like a bit of a Catch 22.

oDesk states that they are hiding your applications because of the number of disputes compared to other freelancers and the only way to stop your application from being hidden is to do a better job. But you can't do a better job if you never get hired because your application is hidden.

Highlighted
Swan S Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
26 of 53

This is not the bug ! they have intentionally introduced the new funtionlity which dont let go your appliaction to clients.  I Have talked to Odesk and they say this is something they have brought into system .

The only reason i found for this . If you have past disputes with clients you are either in hidden tab or Not visibile to clients at all.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Vivek G Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
27 of 53

Sawan,

I had only one dispute in 687 projects ,so why i'm hidden?

I think now its doesnot matter if we have a account where we are totally keep away from clients ,because its worse than supesion

Odesk doesnot bother to give a single reply.

Thanks

Vivek

Highlighted
Bert W Member Since: Dec 17, 2014
28 of 53

I have same problem.

Is there anyone from oDesk?

All of replies for this topic are freelancers, nobody from oDesk.

oDesk ignores this problem?

Highlighted
Keiro S Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
29 of 53

Hi

I faced same problem.

I can't find my name at applicant list and even search engine.

but I can find you by search engine. When did you fixed this problem and How.

I am new at oDesk.

Please help me

Highlighted
Vikram k Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
30 of 53

As employer,i'm worried because i see many good people are not showing

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS