🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name Change
Page options
scottprojects
Community Member

Name Change

I got married and my name has changed.  I have tried repeatedly to update my name, but it keeps getting kicked back.  I've gone to Identity Verification, but as soon as I land on the page, it gives me a message saying my identity verification is complete.

I have the documents needed to prove my name has legally changed.  How do I get this fixed ASAP so I can connect my bank account (that's being kicked back too because the name doesn't match what Upwork has).  This is SO frustrating!

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rebecca.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
orsina0658
Community Member

Rebecca, I have the exact same problem. I can't change my name on my profile so that it matches my bank account. I got married in 2017 and ad to change every legal document I had...now I can't get paid because my name on my bank card doesn't match the name on my profile. How did you fix this? What is there to be done?

Thanks,

Orsi

Hi Vinitor,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same issue , got married and change my name,

please contact me , i cannot submit a ticket on the link you have provided in this thread.

Thank you.

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for reaching out to us.To change your name could you please go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. You can find more information in this help article

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members