Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need An Upwork Time Tracker App For Android

45c829d7
Azam F Member Since: Feb 7, 2016
1 of 58

Hi fellows,

We all know that nowadays a mjority of people use Android Phones/Tablet and Apple Phone/Tablets. So there is a strong need of an app from upwork by using which we can record our hours while working on our hourly project of upwork. Its not a big thing to buld but needs upwork attention.

So please whoever agrees to my point please post your positive sugessions in reply to my post so that we all can reach out upwork administrators regarding our issue.

Regards

Azam Farooq

dreamseller
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
2 of 58

So, you want to work on mobile device for a hourly project and bill client 4 hour while it'll hardly takes 2 hours on computers ? 

UpWork already has an Android and iOS apps for communication with the client and i'm quite sure they won't build time tracker for mobile devices in near future.  

danie_b
Nina Danielle B Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
3 of 58

Agree.. a mobile app tracker will not only benefit us hourly workers.. but also clients who can get their tasks and work done much faster.. 

Hope upwork will make an app tracker for mobile devices available across all OS platforms.

arsen_sench
Arsen H Member Since: Nov 13, 2018
4 of 58

First iPad nowdays is much faster than most of laptops. So for jobs like Social Media Managment iPad is much better choice to work. Second if you are a Mobile QA and you have to test an Android or iOS application, how you are going to do that correctly ? The only option is mirroring the screen of mobile device to PC, BUT there is a big but, tracker can't count your activity and will just do stupid screenshots without activity. So the Android and iOS applications will HELP the clients not CHEAT them !

cstrouse
Casey S Member Since: Jan 3, 2020
5 of 58

An Android version of the time tracking tool would be great for me since I work on a Chromebook as my primary mobile development device. I can install the Ubuntu version of the time tracker using the Linux container support but it doesn't have access to my full desktop, Chrome browser, or terminal to include in the screenshots.

albusis
Dalibor S Member Since: Feb 15, 2021
6 of 58

This is nonsense. Imagine you have a task that is to read an article, do research, watch some videos, based on which then you'll do something, say, create a business plan. Or there are agencies that gather here on Upwork people for specifically mobile work, like SIM activation, or calling to places to ask stuff. Those are mobile tasks.

And when we are talking tablets and mobiles, we mean actual tablets. Imagine tablets like I have, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+, which is more powerful than half of the people's computer, and its a portable work tablet with a keyboard and all the stuff. Working on this is faster and more efficient than working on a laptop, say, when you're working in a car or in a train or in an aeroplane. 

So time tracking app for android is very much needed indeed.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
7 of 58

It is regularly reported in this thread and others like it that no mobile platform supports automatic screenshots. I suspect screenshots to be the primary "core functions" Vladimir mentioned in the last official word on this.

Screenshots can be finessed by mirroring one's working mobile device screen onto a computer running the tracker; that does not satisfy the mouse/keyboard requirement.

madinteriordsg
Andreea-Madalina G Member Since: Jun 16, 2021
8 of 58
I really dissagree with you. My client asks me to make phonecalls. My phone would be better to use than my laptop. Plus, the client sees what I do throught the app, so what you said is not relevant.
Sorry, but that is not true.
45c829d7
Azam F Member Since: Feb 7, 2016
9 of 58
Hi Delwar,

This is what you think but I don't think like that. Upwork always gives inportance to its clients needs as well as workers needs.

The chat app is just to keep fast communication anywhere anytime, and thats what I am now thinking of to deliver clients work anytime anywhere without the excuse of being away from computer or no electricity.

If Upwork builds a time tracker app for android and ios devices then workers who are loyal to there clients will have an additional effective way to keep working for there clients even if there computer windows is down, hardware issue or any electric shut down.

And there is no difference of time while working on andorid phone or computer as only sincere and loyal workers think of saving time of there clients and be more productive in less time and those who just think of loging hours and working less, so they are still doing that out there and you know that too.

So building a new app is a revolution amd next step to success of Upwork.

Thanks
antonsemchen
Anton S Member Since: Feb 20, 2016
10 of 58

I have to test and an application on my android device but can not track the time because tracker does not work on android devices.... not fair....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS