Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

Highlighted
Mokhlesur Rahman N Member Since: Jan 16, 2016
1 of 7

Hi

I am new to odesk.I have applied for data entry job, the client had given in the job description that we must enter data into excel sheet.that client had given a message that i am selected and had given me a link that is not at all an excell sheet entry job and he is not at all responding to my messages what should i do please help.And also please help me how to get hired.the clients are hiring only those who have nice profile as i am a student and does not have any experience what should i do. please help

your loving

Mokhlesur Rahman Nirob

Highlighted
Community Guru
MD Shahadat H Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
2 of 7

The client provided you a link !! Did you click that link ? Then what did you see? it looks like Phishing!! scam !!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 7

re: "And also please help me how to get hired.the clients are hiring only those who have nice profile as i am a student and does not have any experience what should i do. please help"

What should you do?

Either establish a nice profile, or stop applying to jobs.

It is not Upwork's intention that contractors come here to make money regardless of what they have to offer.

Upwork is only intended for contractors who have something of genuine value to offer to clients.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 7

"And also please help me how to get hired.the clients are hiring only those who have nice profile as i am a student and does not have any experience what should i do. please help"

Forget about this place and devote your time to your studies. Then in a few years you will have something much better to offer. At the moment the only chances you have are (a) spending hours on the computer looking for work instead of studying, and not getting any work for the effort (the stage you're at now); or, if you do land any jobs, they will be at rates not fit even for a student, and will exploit you and suck away many hours of your time chasing the ever-decreasing pot of money, and you'll fail your studies in the meantime. Then after you've failed your studies you can have more time to spend on here, but nothing to offer, so you start at the bottom again.

Do I sound harsh? I hope so ... but believe me, I'm just being honest, and for your own good. This is not a place for students to get extra money - look more locally for that. All best wishes and good luck with your studies (genuinely).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

Stephen: You are not being harsh. You are being helpful.

I'm not sure what to make of would-be contractors of this type. There are so many of them. There seems to be a real disconnect from reality for these people. They exude a genuine lack of understanding about the nature of Upwork specifically and the Internet generally.

I'm considering blocking their Internet access.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
6 of 7

I agree with you both Preston and Stephen.

He doesn't actually need help from other freelancers to understand how it works, he needs a lot more. And no freelancer or moderator can help him. Harsh, but true. That's how it works everywhere in the world.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 7

I am a little confused. Your profile says you graduated last year - so are you still studying for a higher degree? You have quite a few skills to offer. Why don't you apply for jobs other than data entry, which is vastly oversubscribed on Upwork (and elsewhere) and is a scam trap for new freelancers? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS