🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Negative feedback
Page options
f7ce4af8
Community Member

Negative feedback

Hi All,

A client left terrible feedback for me because he was angry that I refunded his project in full and cancelled the contract after he used a threatening tone with me. I created Google ads for him and he expected those ads to immediately start producing results, even in Learning Mode. He even approved my invoices and then in his feedback said that there were "vaugue charges" in his review.

I apppealed to have the feedback removed and was told that I have to send an email to Support outliining the Upwork T&Cs that he violated, which were 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4. I provided screenshots showing the violation and Support still has not removed the review. They said I have to be a Top Freelancer for them to help me at all and I have only been on UW for less than a year.

I was told that the negative review will "fall off" eventually since I refunded his money. Well the negative review is still there, affecting my ability to get more work, and has been on my profile for weeks now. I was able to post a rebuttle to the feedback but not sure if that helps or not. 

I created 2 new profiles (deleted the original 2) and highlighted all of my previous 5-Star work but of course this retaliatory review still shows under the All Reviews option.

1. Is Support correct in that if I refund all the money (which I have done weeks ago) the review "will fall off in time?" This sounds like a support rep "passing the buck" so he/she doesn't have to do anything.

2. Any other suggestions to remove this retaliatory review? Or perhaps suppress it? If it were a bad review on the web we could do some Reverse SEO on it but here on Upwork we have no options at all as Freelancers it seems, if a pissed off client wants to sink your ship even if you did good work for him. He sent me several emails on UW thanking me for the outstanding work and on a Sunday night emailed and called, cursing and teeling me that he wanted more leads from the ads that he paid me to create. The ads were only up for 2-3 days and still in Learning Mode.

Thanks

RIch

2 REPLIES 2
a_lipsey
Community Member

Richard, that screenshot shows the feedback under the contract, not on your profile as clients see it. Go under FInd Work and navigate to your profile, scroll down to your job history and there you will see a list of jobs and the feedback. If you fully refunded this job, it should not show on your public profile. 

PradeepH

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I see that you have not issued a full refund yet due to the non-availability of funds on your Upwork account and we are awaiting an update on the fund transfer made by you to your Upwork account. Our support team is already assisting you via a support ticket and they have reached out to the relevant team to check on your transfer status. They should reach you once they have an update for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members