🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New User here
Page options
johnson874
Community Member

New User here

Hello, 

I am new here and don't know how this works any one help me from support or who are expert in this.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Member

What about reading the help section all by yourself?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Johnson,

You will need to complete your application and submit for a review, it can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed. Once it's completed our team will reach out to you with the results.
I can recommend checking out our resources in this thread to learn more about getting started on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Hi, Johnson L, 

Welcome to Upwork! Being a newbie is certainly overwhelming and presents lots of challenges. I started over a year ago, and still find plenty of challenges yet to be tackled. I think others have given valuable feedback to start with reading through the help section, and one other member provided you with a link. I think that's a great place to start, and as you research and learn independently, I'm sure you will have plenty of more specific questions for elements that may not be quite clear. I'd personally would love to see you come back and ask about any specific questions that you may have. Right now, your quesiton is a bit open-ended and vague, so I could only give a vague answer in return.  Like anything else in life, if you work hard at it and are persistent and keep going, you'll find you would be rewarded for the time and effort you have put in. 

Further to what everyone else has shared, accounts must be in your real legal name and your account location must reflect accurately where you are located.

So you can not use a name that isn't your real, legal name, as you will have to verify that with your government ID sooner or later.

Also note that freelancers from certain countries, such as Iran for example, may not work on Upwork due to US sanctions.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members