🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New begginers Advice.
Page options
gerald47
Community Member

New begginers Advice.

Guys what would be your advice to the begginers.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
grimesr
Community Member

Define how you can successfully help the client. Think in terms of what it will do for them, don't dwell on all your accomplishments. How do you differenitate yourself from others in your group? Tell concrete values you provide, like "I increased client's productive by 80%" or "The client saved $100 by implementing my solution"...

Be very patient. Just because you put your name out there doesn't mean anyone will come knocking on your door. Try to find projects that you feel strongly about and write a postive proposal. Submit it and then forget it. The success rate is very low so constantly wondering why you aren't getting a response is a waste of your energy. There are many client who will NEVER hire anyone.

Lookout for scams. If you are too eager, you might find yourself fall for something that looks too good to be true.

Good luck - this isn't easy [if it was, everyone would be doing this]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Spend time reviewing UW's Terms of Service and the information available in the Help & Support section about how the platform works and how to get started. Then, spend even more time browing discussion on the New To Upwork page including the posts pinned at the top of that page. There is a ship-ton of information available to you.

Good luck!

Thank you very much I really appreciate that.
grimesr
Community Member

Define how you can successfully help the client. Think in terms of what it will do for them, don't dwell on all your accomplishments. How do you differenitate yourself from others in your group? Tell concrete values you provide, like "I increased client's productive by 80%" or "The client saved $100 by implementing my solution"...

Be very patient. Just because you put your name out there doesn't mean anyone will come knocking on your door. Try to find projects that you feel strongly about and write a postive proposal. Submit it and then forget it. The success rate is very low so constantly wondering why you aren't getting a response is a waste of your energy. There are many client who will NEVER hire anyone.

Lookout for scams. If you are too eager, you might find yourself fall for something that looks too good to be true.

Good luck - this isn't easy [if it was, everyone would be doing this]

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members